PDA

View Full Version : dying

kim!!
05-06-15, 22:40
I really need help I'm getting dull aches in my arms and legs I'm really scared can't cope with this anymore I thought it had gone, I think iv got something seriously wrong with me? Is this normal to have I can't stop crying keep thinking I'm going to die!

sial72
05-06-15, 23:05
Hi Kim
I have now this minute also got those aches in my legs and arms, plus tingling and I also feel afraid, but I'm trying to breathe deeply to try to relax. You say you have had this before?

kim!!
05-06-15, 23:22
Hi yer but it really scares me an I'm getting pains in my chest so I think I'm having an heart attack do u think it will be my heart I'm so scared x

sial72
06-06-15, 07:45
How are you doing Kim??

kim!!
06-06-15, 11:24
Hi a little better today, I went drinking on Thursday do u think it could be the alcohol what's making me like this? How are u today

sial72
06-06-15, 14:09
Hi Kim, I'm doing better thanks. After drinking alcohol very definetely worsens anxiety symptoms, so that won't have helped. Don't worry about it and you'll be ok x

kim!!
06-06-15, 17:24
I hope so I'm starting to feel really down again I'm sick of it I'm not strong enough to cope with this!

sial72
06-06-15, 18:19
Yes, you are. We are always stronger than we think, in fact we are stronger than average because we overcome horrible feelings time and time again xxx

kim!!
06-06-15, 19:11
I doesnt feel like it

RosieBelle
06-06-15, 20:08
Hi Kim :)
The pains in your chest are just symptoms of anxiety - it causes chest pain, racing heart etc...and that can also make your arms and legs ache.
Don't worry, you're NOT having a heart attack or anything of the sort, it's just the physical symptoms of anxiety - you're going to be absolutely fine. I've experienced exactly the same as you when I've had high anxiety.
Try and distract yourself as much as possible and do something to help you relax - bath, music, talk to friends etc...

:hugs:

kim!!
06-06-15, 20:56
Hi thanks for replying did u have depression aswel because tonight I feel really down I just can't seem to get out of my head that there's something seriously wrong with me?
Having horrible thoughts aswel, I had a drink on Thursday so maybe its that?
How long did it take for u to get better :)

RosieBelle
06-06-15, 22:07
That's ok :) yes I did feel really down at the time as well but don't worry as these feelings will pass :)
Don't worry, there's nothing wrong with you at all Kim, it's just the anxious thoughts that are making you feel like there is something wrong. Have you ever tried CBT? As it teaches you how to not pay attention to the anxious thoughts and to let them just wash over your head. Remind yourself that they are just thoughts and not facts. The facts are that you are absolutely fine :)
Apparently alcohol can really trigger off anxiety, so that's probably what's affecting you.
Well 7 months on from a high anxiety episode and I'm feeling good, so if I can do it, so can you. I always find distraction helps to get rid of the thoughts.

:hugs:

kim!!
06-06-15, 22:59
I'm doing CBT at the min iv had 7 sessions up to now iv tried doing the stuff that it teaches you sometimes it works! Did u get a lot of physical symptoms aswel? I keep sweating all the time!
I must admit its not as bad as it has been but its still getting to me iv had it 6 months now :)

Giraffe11
20-06-15, 20:40
How are you doing Kim? xx