PDA

View Full Version : Makes anxiety worse?

Alan27
06-06-15, 14:45
I have been on Amitriptyline 50mg now for about 2 weeks and i was getting rather light headed from them so i stopped taking them 2 days ago and last night i had my worst anxiety/panic attack i have had in many years =(

I was wondering if Amitriptyline can make your anxiety worse or if it was me not taking them for a day? Thanks.

NinjaKitty
06-06-15, 16:37
Could be either or, not everyone reacts well to some medication, if you felt your anxiety flare minus the medication then it was probably helping, If you would rather be on a different med without the dizzyness side effect then speak to your DR..... So all in all it could or could not be the med giving you a anxiety flare up. From what you said though tat for 2 weeks you were on them but stopped due to getting light headed then within 48 hours your anxiety came back then it shines in the dorection of stopping the meds. really you should see you Dr and possibly find a different med for your anxiety if this one is having gross side effects

Kitty x

Alan27
06-06-15, 17:36
Could be either or, not everyone reacts well to some medication, if you felt your anxiety flare minus the medication then it was probably helping, If you would rather be on a different med without the dizzyness side effect then speak to your DR..... So all in all it could or could not be the med giving you a anxiety flare up. From what you said though tat for 2 weeks you were on them but stopped due to getting light headed then within 48 hours your anxiety came back then it shines in the dorection of stopping the meds. really you should see you Dr and possibly find a different med for your anxiety if this one is having gross side effects

Kitty x
Thanks for the reply.

NinjaKitty
07-06-15, 13:11
Sorry for the spelling mistakes Im still suffering after surgery and having issues remebering how to type properly but I hope it made some sense. Good luck