PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble making a big decision

Henson1980
07-06-15, 08:04
I posted on here the other day for the first time regarding my anxious son and recieved some lovely replied which I found very helpful. I touched on the fact that I have an opportunity to move back to an area we used to live in where both my sons grandparents live as well as his dad, sister and school friends, his school is also conviently located a stones throw from there. I think it would make a big difference to his social life for the better. So my problem is I need to make a decision, I have someone who would like to exchange houses with me from there (just a street away from his dad and sister), I don't know what to do though, the area is not as nice as where I live now, some of the houses in the area are not very well looked after and my current partner who is a police officer (but who is only here 4 nights a week) would not be very impressed if I took it, I'm torn between doing the best thing for my son, (and me I suppose because I would like to move back) it's just the surrounding houses that are looking quite tatty and the estate the estate doesn't have the best reputation and also my partners views on it, that are making it a tough decision to make, I know no one can make my mind up for me but some helpful views would be really beneficial! Thanks guys!!

sial72
07-06-15, 08:34
Hi Henson1980
As you say obviously nobody can make your decision for you but since you ask for an opinion I will give you mine.
If this happened to me I would definitely move. Being close to family is much more important than wether the surroundings are not as nice. And if can help your anxious son that really is the most important thing and you say even you would prefer it then it has to be good. Regarding your partner, if he is away quite a lot he should understand that you would like to be closer to family.
Anyway, that is just my point of view.
Good luck with making a decision xx

Henson1980
07-06-15, 08:57
Thank you, your right, I should just ignore the surroundings and think about the benefits, I know this deep down, and you know what, if it's only for the next 5yrs the most crucial time in a teenagers life, then it's a small price to pay for a happy kid (and mother - I hope!)