PDA

View Full Version : Hiv fear huge

vekiqf
07-06-15, 09:57
Dear all,

I had a fear of schiz for a long time but on Friday night new obsession started....fear that I have HIV

I had unprotected oral sex two years ago with unknown person and for two years I have itch on my legs...on Friday night I read about PRURIGO NODULARIS and it looks similar...also I read that it is very common with HIV so I am in chaos .I have son of 9 months and wife and I can't start obsessing...what if I have HIV what if I transfered it on my wife and son...I feel terrible now and don't know what to do.I started read about HIV and PN and can't stop

Is it possible to get HIV through unprotected oral sex????

Please help

twtm2002
07-06-15, 18:13
hi there
i am sorry you have such anxiety
short answer is that most doctors believe the risk of contracting hiv from unprotected oral is almost zero if not zero. The reason for this is that saliva in the mouth of the man/woman giving you oral can protect any HIV from transferring due to a host of enzymes which seem to render HIV powerless to infect. One of the most often cited pieces of research is around a series of couples, of whom one is HIV + and the other negative....and not a single transmission of hiv via oral sex (that's all they did) occurred over a long long period. In that context, a one of encounter with someone who is likely HIV negative is a v v low risk.

i would suggest you test for peace of mind though along with other stis which you can get via oral.

I am replying because I know the fear you are living with - I have it as badly if not worse because I get it from receiving massages...yes, normal regular non sexual massages. The women I meet are clothed and do not touch my penis....so I hope you realise you are not in any way abnormal. we all suffer.