PDA

View Full Version : Hunger pains and unsettled stomach

jennielouises
07-06-15, 11:05
I've been having really bad hunger pains that don't go away even if I eat. I've had these for years but they've suddenly got worse. I thought acid reflux but I take 40mg omeprazole, 300mg ranitidine and have been adding pepto bismol and gaviscon but none of them make it any better. Eating lessons it a bit but not by much. It's been bad for three days now and I can't make it better. I'm convinced I have a stomach ulcer or gastritis but had these symptoms in the past and nothing showed up when I was scoped. I've got to go to work tomorrow so need to find something to make it better. Doctors will just tell me it's because I'm anxious but I wasn't before this started this time. I was extremely happy and calm.

I can feel everything churning away in my stomach, it is just so unsettled and I can't settle it. Hell I would even let myself be sick if it would help (in emetophobic).

I have Ibs a but that's in my bowels. Anyone got any clues what this could be or more importantly how to calm it down? Camomile, fennel and ginger tea don't help.

honeyp1e
10-07-15, 14:33
Hi jennielouises am same my gastritisisplying up makes me feel full straight way or if I eat anything it feels like it lays heavy right cross stomach it's so uncomfortable and bein emet u no how much we panic about re stomachs..

Am on 20 to 40mg omeprazole also take gaviscon etc but nothing taking it away I think stress n worry are my main things that make my stomach flare :(

Autumn4
10-07-15, 14:38
I was told not to take gaviscon when I was on omeprazole. Do you think that maybe the cocktail of things you are taking could be making things worse ?

honeyp1e
10-07-15, 14:47
Autumn4 u can take gaviscon advance but not till an hour or so after. I've also tried rennies. N settlers nothing works