PDA

View Full Version : Glastonbury Festival

jol88
07-06-15, 14:08
In less than 3 weeks. Had the best time of my life there in 2013. Missed it in 2014 due to anxiety and thinking about giving it a miss this year too. I've had CBT the last 6 months, started going the gym but the last 3 weeks I haven't done much, was meant to see a DJ in town last night gave that a miss too. Just don't think I can get it together in the time for Glastonbury. Finding everything hard at the minute.

venusbluejeans
07-06-15, 15:23
You are only really going to beat your anxiety if you prove to yourself that there is nothing to be anxious about and that is the hard bit.

I have learnt in the last few weeks that you have push yourself forward and do things you don't necessarily want to do.

I get the impression that you would love to go but it is the anxiety that is stopping you... don't let anxiety stop you as hard as it is, push through it, you probably will be anxious about it all at times but you WILL enjoy it and have fun and you will be really proud of yourself when you have done it.

It will be hard.....but I say go for it, seriously, what have you got to lose? :)

Annie0904
07-06-15, 18:09
My son is going too and I am anxious about him going :) I would never try to stop him though because the reality is I am sure he will have a great time the same as you will :). Visualise yourself there with your friends having the time of your life. Your anxiety is just the fear of the unknown..once you are there it won't be 'unknown' anymore :) and it will be great fun. Go and enjoy it!

theharvestmouse
07-06-15, 18:20
Do you normally drink alcohol at the festival? If you know there is a possibility you may drink a lot there then I would not go because this will only heighten the anxiety. If you can go and know you will enjoy it without drinking then I would try to go because you will probably enjoy it once you are there.

I just know what festivals can be like and drinking is a big part of it for a lot of people.

jol88
12-06-15, 17:06
Yeah I'll be drinking, might just take it easy and see how I go. I'm not feeling as bad now that I've been going to the gym again. The main problem I have is when I walk past people I try and look away and this just makes the anxiety worse. My counsellor has said it's a safety behaviour and to try and just look at people. I have my last CBT session after Glastonbury so hopefully I can just try and look at everyone and fingers crossed the anxiety will drop!

sial72
12-06-15, 17:18
Hi
You can go and if you feel anxious just find a quiet spot (if there are any) and wait for the panic to subside and then carry on enjoying. If there is nowhere to go to be quiet just close your eyes and imagine you are in your safe place (your house/room).
About the not looking at people they will be having so much fun/drunk/stoned or all :D that I don't think they will be noticing.
Enjoy!!