PDA

View Full Version : Itchy throat.

selphie
07-06-15, 16:58
Can someone please tell me if anxiety can cause an itchy throat. I have had one for months, but not sure whats real or whats not.

I usually do Karaoke and enjoy singing but last night when i was singing i completly lost it half way through my voice for some reason went weird and i chocked and had to cough i usually have a nice voice but struggling to hit the high notes due to this itchy throat. So worried.

selphie
08-06-15, 10:57
Nobody?

venusbluejeans
08-06-15, 11:35
pollen, mild hayfever.... the time of year probably

venusbluejeans
08-06-15, 11:36
but yes anxiety can cause it too

Autumn4
08-06-15, 11:41
Hi I have been having something similar for the past month - throat feels hot & not quite right. I also noticed that I can talk but can't sing - tested it in the car by singing along to radio & my voice kept breaking & sounded rough. Due to HA I am now so conscious of it & keep checking in on the symptoms. Im sure its made them worse by focusing on it. We are victims of our minds I am sure. I have a sore between 2 toes & i keep checking that & convincing myself that it will become badly infected etc. I'm constantly feeling nauseas & just want to stay under the duvet. My husband thinks I'm mad as he doesn't worry about anything. That must be wonderful! I know for sure that if we had our throats checked by a top consultant & he said all was fine the symptoms would disappear !! We have to practice distraction & refocusing on something else. It isn't easy thats for sure. It does help knowing that we aren't alone with this though. :)

selphie
08-06-15, 12:55
but yes anxiety can cause it too

Thank you for replying to me. I think i am going to go back to the doctors again. they get fed up with me keep going, but i am just going to have to deal with that.

I thought maybe hay fever, but i think i may of had it in the winter too. I keep thinking anxiety, thinking that its my mind again. Sometimes not knowing truth from fiction.

One thing after another X.

---------- Post added at 12:55 ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 ----------

Hi I have been having something similar for the past month - throat feels hot & not quite right. I also noticed that I can talk but can't sing - tested it in the car by singing along to radio & my voice kept breaking & sounded rough. Due to HA I am now so conscious of it & keep checking in on the symptoms. Im sure its made them worse by focusing on it. We are victims of our minds I am sure. I have a sore between 2 toes & i keep checking that & convincing myself that it will become badly infected etc. I'm constantly feeling nauseas & just want to stay under the duvet. My husband thinks I'm mad as he doesn't worry about anything. That must be wonderful! I know for sure that if we had our throats checked by a top consultant & he said all was fine the symptoms would disappear !! We have to practice distraction & refocusing on something else. It isn't easy thats for sure. It does help knowing that we aren't alone with this though. :)

Its horrible, and i am trying to hide it all from my husband as i know i do tend to go from one thing to another, its always something:. I can talk, but finding it hard to sing which is really heart wrenching for me, as its something i love, and one thing that takes me away from all the anxiety i feel I think your right, I have had itchy throat in the past, but not thought about it much, the itchiness is now on my mind 24/7 which i do not think is helping me.

I have been suffering nausea. My husband and I had friends over, and i was singing and just fell apart because of the horrible feeling i had in my throat... I was so embarrased as its never happened to me before, Oh yes yes, I am like that too. I cut my finger and had to have butterfly stitches and i kept checking it thinking it would get infected i become obsessed with it..... Never did become infected tho:shrug:.

My husband is like you, he worries about nothing... hes so carefree would love to be like that.... I have worried about something since i was 21 i am now 38 and its something everyday. I went on holiday and first day there i went to the walk in center at the hospital as i worried about something and like you said as soon as they told me i was ok and i stopped thinking about it,,, the pain just went.

Thanks for listening x

Autumn4
08-06-15, 13:05
Its good having someone else to talk to who understands ! I try to hide it from my husband however he then thinks I'm grumpy as it makes me feel worse if I can't talk about it. I also don't want to bore my friends every time i see them. Good luck at the docs & let me know what they say. :flowers:

selphie
08-06-15, 15:42
Its good having someone else to talk to who understands ! I try to hide it from my husband however he then thinks I'm grumpy as it makes me feel worse if I can't talk about it. I also don't want to bore my friends every time i see them. Good luck at the docs & let me know what they say. :flowers:

I do not want to bore my friends either. Thank you, yes i will tell you what they say.

Autumn4
29-06-15, 10:19
Hi what did the doc say about your throat ? I am really fretting about mine now as I can feel a soft lump on neck near adams apple.:unsure:

KayeS
29-06-15, 11:13
To see if it's allergy related, you could try taking an antihistamine and if the itchiness goes, you know it's something you're allergic to....

selphie
29-06-15, 20:57
My doctor is not sure what i have. He told me to continue to use my preventive inhaler because every time someone comes near me with a cig or they spray deodorant or air freshener it gets down my throat and makes me cough its horrible. He also gave me a nasal spray as he said i had a little mucous down the back of my throat and he started me on 20 mg citalopram as i am really anxious and down. Still got itchy horrible scratchy throat tho.

I did take claritin but it did nothing for me.

---------- Post added at 20:57 ---------- Previous post was at 20:57 ----------

He told me to come back in a month see how i am getting on.