PDA

View Full Version : Tongue twitch. Please read and help me

dittarco
07-06-15, 18:20
I'm sorry to bother you all but since I woke up this morning I've had a random twitch on the right side of my tongue. I can even see it as my tongue sits in my mouth. I'm trying not to panic about The typical worries (ie ALS) but my mind plays many tricks on me.

Can someone tell me if they've had this at rest? I know people have stuck out their tongues and noticed twitches.

Any words of kindness are appreciated.

DaveCH
07-06-15, 18:34
I have been through the whole als scare after 1.5 years of all over body twitching including the tongue which scared the life out of me. I went to see my neuro again who told me the tongue is like any other muscle and with the twitching I had he would have been more surprised if my tongue didn't twitch. I don't know if you have any other twitching but my neuro the top one in my country said bulbar als is the most obvious and by the time the tongue twitches you would have serious speech issues. If you can move your tongue around stick it out move it side to side and poke it against the inside of your cheek you are fine but don't become obsessed about doing this tests as you tongue will get tired and your jaw sore which will make the worrying worse. Believe me I have been there and you are fine

JohnW
07-06-15, 20:04
Have to say dave is right my neuro told me the same thing regarding tongue twitches.I have been twitching for 4 months now everywhere including tongue I have one on the front part of my tongue that goes back and forth all the time showed it to my neuro two weeks ago he was not bothered in the slightest.I had emg last month all over including my tongue came back entirely normal all my twitching has stopped apart from my tongue.These are by far the scariest of all twitches but according to my neuro they can be caused by anxiety I have a bit of trouble swallowing feels tight my neuro told me anxiety as did my ent doctor.I know it is hard but try not to worry tongue twitching can be normal.

dittarco
08-06-15, 14:48
thanks guys... it is awful.

KR21
15-03-21, 17:14
Dealing with this right now!!!!!! Gosh this was reassuring to read.

KR21
15-03-21, 19:38
Did everything turn out okay?