PDA

View Full Version : Hiya

CrispyTowel
07-06-15, 19:54
Hello all. I'm 24 and from the UK. Diagnosed with anxiety years ago, had a short round of CBT about 5 years ago which helped a little but recently the anxiety has come back again. Had some telephone anxiety sessions recently but they weren't really helping so I've been referred for more CBT, but the waiting list could be 3 months or more apparently... I feel like I'm in full-on crisis mode and finding it hard to cope. I'm hoping that being here will help at least enough for me to feel comfortable again while I'm waiting for my proper appointments. I'm not on any medication and never have been.

I also suffer from OCD and intrusive thoughts which can be as bad as (and I think are often the cause of) the anxiety itself.

Looking forward to exploring the site and hopefully getting a little bit of support. :)

venusbluejeans
07-06-15, 19:59
Hiya CrispyTowel and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Sparkle1984
07-06-15, 22:27
Welcome to the forums! I'm sure you'll find plenty of help and support here - I certainly have. :)

I've recently suffered a relapse too, and am back on my medication. I'm still very up and down at the moment. I'm also focusing on my usual coping techniques (you can see the link in my signature for a list of things I do to try and help my anxiety).