PDA

View Full Version : Petrified of possible MS

Hypo84
07-06-15, 22:17
For the past two years I had tingling burning symptoms that would come and go and I would get scared of MS and then calm down. But now, for the past 3 months I've been having burning to touch on my left achilles heel and I was finally accepting it as some minor nerve damage when, 1 week ago I developed sweating much more under right armpit. Literally my right armpit is soaked wet and on left I have only minor patch.

Before this sweating, around 15-18 days ago I developed Celulitis in right arm after I was given Tetanus shot. I took antibiotics for 10 days, dont know if it has anything to do with it. But, 3 days after, after taking bath I've sprayed deodorant in my armpits. And in that, right armpit, I developed like small red lump which hurt to touch. In next 5 days that lump changed place 3 times, did still hurt though and finally yesterday it went away and stopped hurting. But, sweating which came pretty much at the same time as lump didn't go away.

I Googled it and Unilateral or asymmetrical sweating suggests a neurological lesion and I am now more afraid than ever.

Also one doctor in response to some guys question about it linked it to MS.

So, only thing that is giving me a slight hope that it's not MS is that excessive sweating occurred pretty much at the same time as this lump which could mean that I had some irritation of sweat glands or smth like that.
But, on the other hand, maybe it's just coincidence, and/or maybe, I had that excessive sweating before but it was not that hot so I didn't notice.

Did anyone here ever had assymetrical sweating? Or at least can give some helpful insight?

Percy99pollen
07-06-15, 22:21
Doesn't sound like symptoms of Ms at all

Hypo84
07-06-15, 22:28
Unilateral or asymmetrical sweating suggests a neurological lesion

This is what dr Google says...alternative is tumor, so not big fan of that either. :(

Hypo84
10-06-15, 13:37
I went to my therapist yesterday, because of this excessive sweating under only one armpit.

She told me that since I don't sweat at all at night (so I wake up with my armpits dry, and I don't seat when I am sitting in cool rooms), it can't be any lesion and/or tumor since if that was the case I would be sweating pretty much all the time from that armpit.

Now, I am not a doctor but it doesn't make total sense to me, since that lesion or tumor or whatever could be just making those glands in right armpit overactive and when I start sweating I am sweating more from them, but when I am not sweating then they are not active at all, so of course there is no sweat.

Does this make any sense?

Fishmanpa
10-06-15, 14:28
Does this make any sense?

It makes sense to you because you have HA and you're looking for something... anything to validate your fears. From an outside perspective, unfortunately, it doesn't.

Positive thoughts

Hypo84
10-06-15, 14:48
Thank you for finding time to answer me.

Can you tell me why it doesn't make sense? When your sweat glands are overactive they produce more sweat when you are sweating which would imply that my right armpit sweat glands are overactive.
If I dont sweat...when sitting in cool room or sleeping I am not sweating at all so they are not basically working.

Fishmanpa
10-06-15, 15:32
MS and cancers are progressive illnesses. They don't come and go nor do they stop once they start. That's why what your therapist said makes total sense.

Your HA has your thinking skewed. is it any different than worrying about black poo? You know you ate foods that would cause it but your HA had you thinking something serious was wrong.

Positive thoughts

Hypo84
10-06-15, 20:31
I know they don't stop..actually I am in pretty much logical state of mind now..but as I said before if some of it is causing overactive sweat flands, they didnt stop being overactive...since last week anytime I start sweating I am sweating a lot more under right armpit...and when I am not sweating I am not sweating at all since those glands are not active so being overactive doesn't make in difference.

I would just like if some1 could point out where my logic is flawed since I can't find it.

---------- Post added at 19:31 ---------- Previous post was at 16:42 ----------

Now it's a bit colder here and I've put jacket on and walked to grocery store..not a single drop of sweat. So, my condition could be there even for a few months since I wouldn't even notice it when I am not sweating.

A month or so ago, I was also sweating heavily underarm for a day..it was some hotter day, but since it went away I didn't even remember it until now.

So, last summer, everything was normal...I usually don't sweat at all, and in these 9 months something happened and now I am sweating ridiculously from right armpit.

How can it not be scary?