PDA

View Full Version : Blood Work Results - panic attack already :-(

Iseolt
07-06-15, 23:47
I just had blood work done. The last was done a year ago and everything was normal. This time, however, showed some abnormalities. White Blood Cell Count was 12.9 (high) - (3.8-10.8 thousand/ul) - and Absolute Neutrophils 9701 (high) (1500-7800 cells /ul) - absolute lymphocytes 2232 and neutrophils 75.2 and lymphocytes 17.3. The only thing going on is a weird rash on my legs (knees and feet) and a tooth my dentist says needs a root canal (it doesn't bother me at all). Are these results something I should be worried about? I get very nervous at dr. appointments when everything is normal, and don't need any surprises when the doctor brings up the blood work results. Appointment coming up. Any help will be appreciated.

Davit
08-06-15, 00:24
Sounds like an infection more than the rash. You actually can have an infection without a fever.My white cell count is seldom below 13 but I have chronic staph infection.

Iseolt
08-06-15, 00:46
Thank you for the reply!

I feel perfectly fine! Great, actually! ;-)

The blood work wasn't ordered for anything specific - just 'routine' according to my new doctor. Old doctor retired. This dr. wants blood work - and an appointment every 6 months - no excuses! :-)

I have horrid GAD and panic attacks which can occur in any doctors office at any time - even when it's just 'routine' and nothing else. The only time my blood pressure is high, too.

I'm already anticipating severe anxiety and panic over "well, you will need to get blood work again to see if it changes.........." - I will put that blood work off for sure! Nothing like a panic attack in the middle of blood work LOL ... I'm such a coward! (even with medication!)

Interestingly, though, I found some old old blood work and the range for 'normal' neutrophils, wbc, and lymphocytes was different - the range then (at this lab) was acceptable being lower AND higher. I wonder why different labs use different results?

Now I kind of wish I had blood work done when I did have some kind of infection so I can compare them. Especially a more severe infection that I knew I had.

I'm not a person who can take antibiotics - so don't know what to expect....

thanks!
Issy