PDA

View Full Version : worried

pinkpenny1uk
28-01-07, 19:50
hi,
for the last week or so i have experienced a headache. nothing too bad but i have always been aware its there niggling.
yesterday and today i have notice that parts of my face have been tingling and feeling numb. mostly the chin and cheek area. i have also had like electric shock feelings in my head (its the only way i can describe them). they don't exactly hurt but are uncomfortable.
the feeling of numbness in my face i can honestly say i don't like. when i first had it straight away i though oh no its a stroke.i also have a tight feeling around my head.

someone has mentioned it could be a tension headache, but i thought i'd had tension headaches before and can't remember them being like this.

has any one else experienced this and if so how did you cope with them?
any help or advice will be most welcome to give me peace of mind.

many thanks in advance

penny x

Hexia
28-01-07, 20:33
Tingling and numbness in your cheek and chin area is most often caused by hyperventilation.
My suggestion would be that your headache has you worried and in turn you are breathing shallow and from that comes the tingling and numbness.
As for the headache and electric shock, I get this quite often too and it's definitely tension.
I guess tension could also squeeze some nerves and cause the tingling.
In any case I am sure it's nothing serious.

"You can't yell loud enough to make me shut up."