PDA

View Full Version : Pvc's ruining my life and feel like death HELP

Iamnervous
08-06-15, 09:49
I had my first pvc a month ago I was walking through a store and it felt like my heart stopped then started so I was off to urgent care. A week ago on Saturday I had a VIOLENT one like "oh this must be a heart attack" went to the ER cried a lot and was told I looked normal and to see my cardiologist who is out of town and I'll be seeing in two days. In the meantime on Friday I had the worst one yet I called my cardiologists office crying and feeling like I was going to pass out and they sent the paramedics. Of course by the time they hooked me up to a machine everything looked just fine. But, it felt like my heart stopped and violently started in a flip floppy way and I was scared it wasn't going to go back to normal. Both of the bad times I was relaxing in bed. I now hate my bed. I can't sleep. I can't be alone. I am terrified I am only 27. They keep calling it a PVC but it feels like sudden death! I can't go on with these they're not "fluttery" or "eerie" they're really dramatic. I don't know what to do. Tired of waiting by 911. How do I go to my job tomorrow? Help anybody. I am sitting in bed scared to lay down.

---------- Post added at 08:49 ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 ----------

It feels like a punch! Not a flutter! And, it seems like I'm dying. But, everyone's like (eye roll) you have stress/anxiety. AHH!

Dracom
08-06-15, 10:00
I know exactly how you feel! Have you tried cutting down on caffeine? I have been having these for the longest times and after cutting out all of my caffeine, not even a cup of tea, they just stopped for me. It might have been a placebo, but it did work for me. Best thing to remember in times of panic is that these are completely harmless and trust in your heart to get back its steady rhythm.

countrygirl
09-06-15, 10:32
I have had then every day of my life for past 30 odd years and at their worst every 3rd beat was a pvc. So this proves they are harmless and that they won't hurt you but they are not pleasant at all. I hate the huge thump and the sinking feeling and the am I going to pass out feeling that comes with them but you won't and they are doing no harm.

I had alot of 24 hr ecg monitering which picked them up and that reassured me alot.

The cardio told me only anxious people feel them although most people experience them as they are a normal variation in heart rhythm but cardio's just don't mention them to patients as they are of no consequence in healthy hearts.

He told me to remember the 2 h's -- horrible but harmless.

Of course the more you worry about them the more you will get them as they are made worse by anxiety hormones in your body.

I certainly never ever have caffeine ( incl chocolate) and never eat till I am full as pressure on the vagus nerve ( stomach) can trigger them as can getting too hungry.

Iamnervous
11-06-15, 17:14
Tried to go to my job felt like I was going to pass out while I was driving there and had terrible palpitations and started passing out I thought so they sent the paramedics again. My second encounter with them in my life a week after my first and they said my blood pressure was 170. Normally it's like 90-100 over something! Then they monitored me til I evened out and said to call my cardiologist. One doctor told me to not take the xanax which I had been taking 3 of every day and so I just stopped yesterday. By nightfall I felt terrible all over and still had palps which had gotten worse. The doc said go to the ER where I was having benzo withdrawals and they finally made me try inderal which I hate. I hate taking a drug that could have harmful side effects to my heart. I woke up feeling like a limb that I had fallen asleep on all over my body and my nose and chin feel weird and tingly. Hoping this is the worst it gets this week because the last 24 hours were hell. I am now to taper off the xanax with 3 beta blockers (inderal) a day and I am terrified to take them! I can't do this anymore!