PDA

View Full Version : Can Heart Murmurs just pop up ?

MasterJPK69
28-01-07, 20:17
I was wondering can a heart murmur just all the sudden pop up or is it a condition that would have been found along time ago I am asking cause I read some symptoms and some of them matched what i ahve experienced feeling i also get this feeling like weezing in my chest but i dont know if ti is from my lungs or something elese. ?????????????

James

Patience is a Virtue!
Remember good things come to those who wait for them!

Hexia
28-01-07, 20:40
Since a heart murmur is caused by a valve not closing properly, I would not think it could just pop up.
But it really doesn't matter either way, as a heart murmur is nothing to worry about in an otherwise healthy heart. Lots of people have them.

Stop reading up on symptoms, it will only make you feel worse.
If your dr. has told you that your heart is fine, then it is fine.
Take care.

"You can't yell loud enough to make me shut up."

nomorepanic
28-01-07, 20:41
Do you mean palpitations or ectopics?

Hope you don't mind but I removed the other 4 or 5 identical posts. You only need to post once. Thanks.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

MasterJPK69
28-01-07, 21:28
Sorry people if i seem inpatient i guess i came off like that not meaning to. I was just trying to find out if murmurs could just pop up. I really Havent been reading symptoms on that internet that much lately till today. I only looked it up cause my 3 month old went to hospital and they found out that he had a heart murmur he went for a bad caugh and wezzing sound. Just was checking if it was something i should be concerned with.

James

Patience is a Virtue!
Remember good things come to those who wait for them!

chaplinfan
29-01-07, 22:17
Hi James,
I've heard that pregnant women can develop heart murmurs, but I don't think you'd fall into that category :). I was diagnosed with one just before I had surgery two years ago, and my dad was diagnosed with one when he was 54. Like Hexia said, it's really nothing to worry about in a healthy heart.
Best wishes,
Lara