PDA

View Full Version : So I went to the ER 6 times last month

JesseBarrett96
08-06-15, 18:43
So for the past month and eight days I've been struggling with anxiety(health). At the beginning May I noticed I was swaying to the left when I walked. I've had fear since I was child of developing a brain tumor so my mind automatically locked on to brain tumor when I noticed I was swaying to the left. So for the entire month of May I was constantly in and out of the ER. I have had four neurological exams, a ct scan, loads of blood work, and a MRI; everything was normal. After I had the MRI I stopped fearing that I had brain tumor. However for past month I also noticed my calve muscles were stiff and I was having arm cramps and muscle spasms. From May 28th to 30th I was fine back to my regular self. I wasn't bed ridden with anxiety and my appetite came back a little. I woke up the 31st and I noticed I had a weird tingling sensation at the bottom of my left foot. Of coarse I went straight to Google like an idiot. I looked up Multiple Sclerosis and ALS and ever since then I've been in pure panic. I'm terrified that I have ALS. My calve muscles are really stiff and I feel like I'm walking funny(like part of my left foot isn't touching the ground when I walk). I haven't been to see my psychiatrist in 7 months. I called earlier today and the earliest appointment they have is July 15th. I also scheduled an appointment with my doctor for 19th of this month. I just need reassurance that if I had ALS that one of the four doctors would of noticed an abnormality in one of my neurological exam.

venusbluejeans
08-06-15, 19:21
after all of these tests and scans coming back normal and 4 drs saying it is normal then you need to trust them... they know whaat they are talking about..... yes anything abnormal would have been picked up

Buttercat
08-06-15, 21:22
Anxiety can cause a variety of really horrible symptoms, many of which are symptoms of other illnesses. This just makes it worse for someone with anxiety because you end up convincing yourself that these symptoms are some horrific disease as its so mind boggling thinking that "just" anxiety causes them. But anxiety really does cause all these things and considering all your test results are normal I think your just going to have to accept that and try working on relieving your anxiety. Are you getting any therapy for it or taking any medication?