PDA

View Full Version : Symmetrical dents on skull on either side of middle part (of hair)

megs18
09-06-15, 13:56
I am a healthy 20 year old woman who has been experiencing some sort of anxiety for 2 months. A few weeks ago I felt nauseous all the time and sometimes dizzy and lightheaded. I noticed my pupils were sometimes different sizes, but all doctors I've spoken to about it seem to not think anything of it.

For this past week and a half, I have not experienced any nausea or dizziness really and felt pretty much back to normal. However, I have been having some soreness/scalp tenderness on this one spot on my head (left, center of my skull a little toward the back). It hurts if I move my hair around in that spot and hurts a little when I press on it. I also would sometimes feel little bursts of pain in that area but haven't gotten one in a while. I just found a small depression right in the area where my scalp is tender and am freaking out. I also recently discovered that there is another dent that feels like the same size on the other size of my head. They are in the same place, just on opposite sides.

I was convinced I had a brain tumor for like a month this past April/May and am trying to move past this fear, but the depression in my skull is not helping.

I have been to 3-4 docs in the past two months who told me all of my physical symptoms were anxiety (lightheadedness, nausea, dizziness, extreme lethargy, etc.), but I just can't accept that because my anxiety came out of nowhere. I also had blood tests to test my iron levels and thyroid which came back normal.

Someone please help me.

ChaseG1
02-12-16, 20:50
Hello. I realize that this was posted over a year ago, but I have almost the same exact problem. I'm 19 years old currently, and I've been having anxiety over some health issues I've been having. I haven't really experienced nausea or dizziness, but I have had bouts of lightheadednes. And recently when I was feeling my head, I noticed 2 symmetrical dents that are near the back of the head and towards the middle like on opposite sides of the center top of my scalp. Occasionally I'll get brief sharp pains that will last for a couple seconds and then go away. Please, if you could tell me any information on what this might be, it would be extremely helpful because I can't find anything else online. Thank you.

Fishmanpa
02-12-16, 20:57
It's just the natural shape of your skull.

Positive thoughts

ChaseG1
02-12-16, 22:39
It's just the natural shape of your skull.

Positive thoughts

Are you sure? I mean, I don't want to sound rude or anything, but I just don't remember those ever being there. They're really tender to the touch and I've been getting migraines and these really weird tingling sensations on one side of my head. Is it just my mind playing tricks on me?

Sparkling_Fairy
03-12-16, 13:35
I have the same, and I only noticed mine after getting weird head sensations in those areas.
However that's the point. You only notice them now, because you only feel sensations now and started feeling around your head.
Everyone has dents in their skull somewhere. As FMP said, it's the natural shape of your skull. Or sometimes it can even be from bumping your head heavily when you were younger and it left a dent. Trust me that is not causing the weird sensations. Weird head sensations I've come to realize are my body telling me it's stressed, and to take it easier.