PDA

View Full Version : Slight sunburn, little cut on head.

ShaunRyder
09-06-15, 15:11
Well its that time of the year again, the sun is shining and my anxiety over skin cancer is back!

Always had fears of it, this is what started my health anxiety off.

So at the weekend I was at a christening, back to the pub after with everyone sitting out in the sun, I stayed for about 3 hours, was not constantly out there was in and out but managed to get my forehead slightly burnt, today it has started to peel, not alot just little bits of skin coming off, I noticed a tiny little cut on my forehead when a bit of skin had peeled, i started to touch it and it bled but now i am worried I have done damage to my skin and caused skin cancer!

Should i be worried? I do normally spend hours and hours in the sun at summer time I am usually very safe.

AaronB
09-06-15, 15:42
If in doubt, book with your GP.

I would say it is HIGHLY unlikely that you have done anything serious just by getting a little burnt at the weekend. Especially if it has already started the healing process by peeling etc.

You sound like you take good care of your skin in normal circumstances so you are reducing an awful lot of risk yourself by doing that. So well done you! More people should be careful with their skin!

Let it heal, and if you find yourself worrying about it, change your thoughts to focus on how good it is that you are so careful with your skin. And picture that risk level coming down and down and down.

I burnt quite badly on my head (I shave my head) the other week, after lots and lots of moisturiser, it's back to normal. It did however spur me to go out and buy a hat for summer! So I can reduce that risk in future.

All the best