PDA

View Full Version : Cardiophobia 24/7....

sweetlover88
09-06-15, 16:01
Hi all,

I don't know if it's in the appropriate section but please mods move it if u feel like it isn't.

Ever since i've had my first skipped/extra beats in July 2014, i feel like i'm not living anymore. I'm constanly anxious/nervous along with some shaking, feeling of dizzyness, and constanly (when i say constanly, it's CONSTANLY) expecting my heart to stop and to skip. Everytime i take the bus to go out of the city, i'm sweating in bus and very nervous because i'm worried about my heart stopping. This ain't living and some nights bring me to tears literally. I'm 27 and i'm trying very hard to make a good living and make something good out of my life (i'm a student living in a foreigner country) and i've spent almost 1000$ already on this 'heart' condition. EVERYTHING came back clears (i didn't had holter though, my last holter was in 2009 before i had these skipped/extra beats sensation) but i had:

- EKG (at least 50, not even exagerating.)
- Blood test (thyroid and to see if i had anterior heart attack)
- Stress test
- x-ray
- echocardiogram

All of these tests were in November 2014.

Now i started slightly to increase my alcohol consumption (only beers) to around 4 to 6 cans 4 times a week because i feel like when i have the alcohol buzz, it's the only time i don't overthink and i can relax. i'm so tired of this. Why can't i enjoy life and live instead of always worrying about dying?

Those extra/skipped/fluttering are scaring the shit out of me. I went through a depression too recently so i don't know if this can play a role (i'm constanly worrying about lacking of money here and having to go back to my country (in which i had terrible memories and never want to go back))

And not only that but when i stop drinking for 2-3 days thinking it's good for me, i start to worry about having withdrawal symptoms (feeling weak, tired, etc) and start being really scared. (I also suffer from hypocondria).

But it's so annoying because even before i start to experience these palpitations, i had those episodes of feeling weak and dizzy and i'm pretty sure they're anxiety related..

Anyone in the same situation? :(

Thanks all,
Mathieu