PDA

View Full Version : Child night sweat

paranoidjh
09-06-15, 22:08
Help, being doing really well but my HA has changed its focus to my child. He sweats nearly every night, other than that he is fit, healthy and very active. No enlarged nodes or weight loss and he eats like a horse. I know it's the summer but this has been going on a while. Have spoken to friends who have said their kids are the same. He has a duvet on the bed that is it but does sleep on a memory foam mattress. Am so scared its lymphoma. Anyone help.

AnnieMags
09-06-15, 22:52
Your imagination is running away with you!! There is no reason to think your child has lymphoma - from what you describe, he is the picture of health! Maybe the room is too warm or he needs a thinner duvet now that the nights are not so cold. Memory foam is also quite warm to sleep on.

Your friends have even said their kids are the same! I do hope you can let go of this fear - you are torturing yourself for no reason at all. Best wishes from Annie

paranoidjh
09-06-15, 23:05
Thanks AnnieMags, I know I am but can't stop worrying. I've been doing really well recently too. Unbelievably I've just been in and checked him for enlarged nodes whilst he's sleeping. There's nothing there at all. I'm being silly.

AnnieMags
09-06-15, 23:50
Bless you - not silly, just anxious! :hugs:

If you can manage to stop constantly checking him over, do - one day, you will find a swollen gland due to some slight infection - ALL children have them now and again - and it will send you into overdrive. This is part of our problem, of course - if a symptom can have 99 benign explanation and 1 sinister one, we go for the sinister one every time, that's why we are here!

I can remember my son waking up with damp hair when he was a child, even when it was not very hot. I think most children tend to sweat when sleeping.

I hope you can let go of this worry so you can just enjoy your healthy boy! :)

Best wishes from Annie