PDA

View Full Version : Terrified of brain tumor

megs18
10-06-15, 02:23
I am a 20 year old female. About 2 months ago while laying in bed relaxing my heart started racing and my muscles all started twitching (like I was shivering but not cold) and it was hard to breathe. This didn't subside for about 30 minutes until I got my breathing under control. I then went to sleep. The next day I expected to feel back to normal, but I felt "out of it"--dizzy, lightheaded, just overall weird. I went to the doctor and he said it sounded like an anxiety attack, but I have no history of anxiety and was relaxing in bed.

Long story short: I still don't feel back to normal and have been obsessing over my health ever since. In the past month I have had chest pains, nausea (all day nausea, that has since gone away), lightheadedness, dizziness, fatigue, loss of appetite, strange headaches (like certain spots on my skull hurt sometimes, not the type of headaches I'm used to), burning sensations on my skull, scalp sensitivity and tenderness, pins and needles feelings fairly constantly that moves around all over my body, and I discovered that sometimes my pupils are different sizes, but not all the time. I also recently discovered I have many dents on my skull (one on either side of my middle part of hair and in line with my ears). I have also had feelings of pressure in my head. I also have numbness of my limbs sometimes (not from sitting too long).

I have been to several doctors who all think it is anxiety, but I can't believe it. I am so scared and confused. This all came out of nowhere and I can't seem to get back to normal. I am on no medications.

Txxxrho
10-06-15, 03:39
Okay, for one, dents in your skull would have nothing to do with your brain. And they're not "dents" or don't sound like it at all. The skull has dents and bumps on it's shape. No skull is perfectly round. All those same symptoms I've had and have had the out of it feeling on and off for years. CT Scans and a MRI. Been to neurologist, even had EEG's to test for seizures. Nothing came back. All of my crazy symptoms are from anxiety. I could send you a list of all the symptoms that anxiety can cause on this website and they're extremely extensive. Basically, your mind can cause so many physical and mental symptoms when your anxiety is high or your having a panic attack. I'll try to find the list off this website if you would like but you're fine and that's coming from someone go dealt with this fear for years. Numerous doctors, test, scans, and it still breaks down to anxiety.

This is insanely had to believe. I still haven't got it down but trust me. This is all hut anxiety. I would have the cold chills be throwing up, tunnel vision convinced I was dead and nope. Anxiety.

---------- Post added at 02:36 ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 ----------

Oh, and these spot headaches are just tension headaches. Extremely common in anxiety.

---------- Post added at 02:39 ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 ----------

Also, when I would look at my pupils an they would be changing in the mirror but your pupils dilate when anxious. Mine would seem to dilate and change all the Ike whenever I obsessed over it but it's just part of the fight or flight.