PDA

View Full Version : Colds and Anxiety Symptoms

Pipkin
10-06-15, 19:11
Hi all,

I don't often start threads or ask questions on the forum but I'd be interested in your views.

I've had a stinker of a cold over the weekend (which I rarely get) and I soon fought off the sore throat and sniffles. I've been left feeling achy, tired, shaky, jellied-legged and feeling generally terrible. All of that I accept as being the after-effects of the immune system's response to fighting off a virus. For info, I'm not a HA sufferer, I have the pleasure of GAD.

I know I have raised anxiety but I can't distinguish between the physical anxiety symptoms and the lingering symptoms of the cold as they can both be the same. The more I think about it, the worse I end up feeling which then makes me more anxious as I feel I should be getting better by now. The worse I then feel, the more anxious I get and so on (vicious circle).

My question is whether anyone else can relate to this. I'm not worrying that it's something other than a cold, I'm worrying when I'm going to feel better as I have a lot to do and feeling terrible is, well, terrible.

Any thoughts my fellow members?

Thanks in advance

Pip

Fishmanpa
10-06-15, 21:20
Just a thought Pip....

Try an OTC cold remedy (like DayQuil or similar) and see if it relieves some or all of the symptoms. This way you'll know what's the residual cold and what's not. And as they say... it takes a week to catch a cold, a week to have it and a week to get better from it (sometimes longer).

Positive thoughts