PDA

View Full Version : Swollen eyelid, headache

kirstymc
10-06-15, 20:04
Hi

I woke up this morning and my right eye lid was swollen, almost like I'd been stung or punched :unsure: nothing has happened as far as I know, haven't changed any skin care products or done/eaten anything differently.

I took an allergy tablet this morning, and it seems to have gone down a bit, but now I've got a bit of a dull headache. Not crippling but I'm starting to panic.

Anyone had anything like this before or know what it could be??

Gary A
10-06-15, 21:01
Could be a cluster headache, they can occasionally be accompanied by a swelling of the eyelid. Either that or it's a minor infection or stye, and the headache is just a coincidence. I wouldn't worry too much, but if the swelling persists I'd see your doctor about it.

kirstymc
10-06-15, 22:31
Thank you, funnily enough I have a pre-op appointment at the hospital tomorrow (having my gall bladder removed in a couple weeks) so maybe I'll mention it then :)

---------- Post added at 22:31 ---------- Previous post was at 22:11 ----------

I've just read about cluster headaches and I don't think it's that, pain's not as intense. It's a dull headache, on the same side as my swollen eye, which has gone down from this morning but still a little swollen. Dunno if if the pain is getting worse or I'm imagining it because of the anxiety...

swgrl09
11-06-15, 00:18
Could be a stye or pink eye. Styes are painful swellings in eyelids that go away in a few days usually. I used to get them a lot as a kid. I'd put warm compresses on 2x per day for about 20 minutes and it would help.

Libra
11-06-15, 12:24
Ive had the swollen lid with sinus congestion