PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody have headaches without pain?

Ditapage
10-06-15, 23:01
I don't know if painless headaches exist or if this is even a headache, but several months ago I got a feeling in my right temple that wasn't painful whatsoever, but it felt like someone was pushing their finger into my temple. It's just irritating pressure but gives me a panic attack if I don't keep it in check, because it's a weird feeling. Sometimes it's accompanied by very mild nausea. Painkillers don't do anything for it. It's not painful. It's just worrying. I had it every day for 4 months then it went away and comes back occasionally now. I don't know if it's just a tight muscle. Last night I wanted to call an ambulance but what would I say? "Feels like somebody is pushing their finger into my temple." Anyone has anything like this? I used to get a feeling that a hand was pressing down on my head and I figured that was tension, but one temple?

lior
10-06-15, 23:29
Yeah I've had this before. It feels weird, doesn't it?

I put it down to a mixture of tiredness and dehydration.

I think there's a number you can call for this sort of thing, which isn't urgent - 111. Or just go and see a doctor to make sure it's nothing. It probably is something like dehydration. How many glasses of water (not including coffee) do you drink per day? It should be 6-8.

swgrl09
11-06-15, 00:05
I get it around my temples, in front of my ears, from muscles being tense in the area.

jake1234
11-06-15, 00:59
Yup, I get them as well - mine are more centered in my head. Its a pressure type feeling without any pain - annoying as hell. Almost like somebody poured concrete in the middle of my brain.

Someone once told me they were migraines without the pain. I attribute it to anxiety.

Ditapage
11-06-15, 05:28
Yeah I've had this before. It feels weird, doesn't it?

I put it down to a mixture of tiredness and dehydration.

I think there's a number you can call for this sort of thing, which isn't urgent - 111. Or just go and see a doctor to make sure it's nothing. It probably is something like dehydration. How many glasses of water (not including coffee) do you drink per day? It should be 6-8.

Thanks for the tips, it could be dehydration I guess. And yes, it feels so weird - I hate it. At least I can do something about an actual headache. Why does anxiety come with these indescribable sensations. I am inclined to worry about it but it did go away for awhile and I forgot to mention it responds immediately to anxiety/stress and so many nerves in the neck are linked to the temple and my neck is always in a bad state as far as tension/tightness goes.

I get it around my temples, in front of my ears, from muscles being tense in the area.

Thanks this is helpful because I get it in different areas as well but it's most annoying at the temple for some reason. I suspected it's muscular because anxiety makes it so much worse and I hold myself very tense when I am anxious. I've always wondered if it's from jaw clenching since the temple is linked to the jaw. Good to know muscle tension can cause their weird sensations. What do you do for it and does it cause anxiety? I think in my case the fight or flight is making it worse. because it just feels like my temple is being pressed but if I panic about it it feels like I will pass out/die. Crazy.

Yup, I get them as well - mine are more centered in my head. Its a pressure type feeling without any pain - annoying as hell. Almost like somebody poured concrete in the middle of my brain.

Someone once told me they were migraines without the pain. I attribute it to anxiety.

Silent migraines makes sense because I felt a little nauseous and faint though it's not severe and it could just be the anxiety I am attaching to the feeling because I focus on it and start wondering what it is. I think I am attributing it to anxiety also because it makes me feel like I'm in the middle of an emergency - just like every anxiety symptom I get, does.

Weird thing is I can handle pain but these weird pressures, invisible finger pushing my temple, numbness is terrible because I don't know what to do for it :wacko:

swgrl09
11-06-15, 12:37
Usually I try to find the trigger point and massage it, just be gentle around the temple. You can also use ice or warm compresses to relax it.