PDA

View Full Version : I need someone to help me :(

Sam_dh
11-06-15, 01:28
Hi, i was just wondering if anyone could help me realise that this is just anxiety and i will feel better.
I have GAD and PTSD, i am 20 years old and have had anxiety for 8 years.
But recently i keep going through bad spells and i am in one now.
I just feel like i won't ever feel better from how i am feeling right now, what if I'm depressed, what if i can't cope, what if i'll become suicidal.
But mainly i keep thinking why is this happening and how do i stop it.
I also am meant to be going out on saturday to a comic con, i really really enjoy them usually but i just feel disinterested and for some reason my anxiety increases when i think about going.
i thought maybe because my anxiety knows that i enjoy those things, if i go i'tll help me snap out of how I'm feeling and my anxiety doesn't like that so it surrounds the event with anxiety to keep me in my current anxious state.
I just feel like there is no way out of how I'm feeling and I'm so scared.

Any help or advice is much appreciated!

Oosh
11-06-15, 08:43
This is just anxiety :yesyes:

"WHAT IF I'm depressed
WHAT IF I can't cope
WHAT IF I'm suicidal"

They're like anxieties little telltale footprints in the snow. When you see the "what ifs" you know somebody is focusing on their fears and causing themselves anxiety.

Stop focusing on your fears. It doesn't serve any purpose but to put you in an anxious state. What you want is non-anxious states, so occupy your mind with non-anxious things. Where your thoughts go your mood follows. But not if you can't let go of the fears because there's doubt there. Remove the doubt. You ARE ok. You are focusing on your concept of what depression and suicide are to you and how they scare you. You are literally just focusing on what scares you.

You are not suicidal.
You are in control.
You worry sometimes and that's ok.
You may get down from time to time like the rest of the world, it's allowed.
You enjoy things like comicon and everything and everybody else you like.

Relax and focus more on that last one. Feel the relief that everything's ok and that your fears that have been weighing heavily on your mind are not true. Then with the weight lifted allow yourself to enjoy and think about what you enjoy.

Anxiety can be like a cycle and you think of your fear to try and solve it but all you get is the fearful state. The trick is to take your thoughts off in a different direction and enjoy what you enjoy. Know that everything's ok and when those snivelling little fears try to get you to doubt saying "woooo yeh but what if this and what if you WERE and what if your arms fall off " etc just put your mental hand in their face and send your thoughts back in another direction towards happy, enjoyable, confidence inducing things KNOWING that they're just snivelling, mischievous worries trying to get some attention off you and are based on nothing but your fears.

Some people are a bit more prone to anxiety and it just requires a bit of mind management to get a handle that's all.

ricardo
11-06-15, 09:28
It is sad to see so many very young people come on here frightened to death with their anxiety.

The mind is a very powerful organ and plays tricks on all of us.

Mental Halth is such a wide and varied illness yet the funding to help is minimal.

Not everyone can pay a psychiatrist £100.00 upwards a visit and most GP's don't understand , so the easy answer is to pop a pill that the drug companies are forever offering to practices.

MyNameIsTerry
11-06-15, 10:11
Not everyone can pay a psychiatrist £100.00 upwards a visit and most GP's don't understand , so the easy answer is to pop a pill that the drug companies are forever offering to practices.

And some of the antidepressants are actually cheaper per prescription than the prescription charge we pay so the NHS actually make a profit. I wonder why they are so happy for that to happen? :winks: The internet can be a good tool at times and local trusts display their treatment costs for these meds so we can see when we are being ripped off!