PDA

View Full Version : shaking/trembling

Pet59
11-06-15, 06:23
OK I posted the other day and got a few replies but I am going off on one again after events yesterday andlast night.

A brief background....again...because I think it relates. Marreid at 33, widowed at 34 after my husband was killed in a road accident - not his fault. Two years later at 36, I am in another relationship which is going really well and I am happy again.

My partner got a call in the middle of the night last Saturday to say that his best friend here, where we live, had died of a heart attack. No family nearly and a girlf who speaks no English meant that we had to swing in to action and take over. Really affected me as I kept thinking, well what if it happens to me, to him, to my family, to friends etc etc. Got me into a bit of a state and was worrying and panicing and anxiety levels were sky high. I settled down and managed to control everything and all was ok again.

Yesterday, at last minute, there was a time available for the cremation. I must explain that I am a UK expat living in the Middle East. I went with my partner and the guys two daughters to the crematorium and it was grim. I wont go into details for fear of upsetting people.

Later in the evening, we went for dinner and a few drinks to toast their dad as it would have been his birthday today. Five hours, five drinks, big dinner - but we sat outside in 42 degrees heat.

Got home at 12.30 and went to bed, knowing I had to get up at 5.30 for work. I woke at 4.43 with mad palpitations, restless legs, complete trembling and shaking, like I was cold but I knew I wasnt, diahorrea. It was awful and really scared me. Now I dont know whether to see a doctor. What if there is something wroNg with me? My heart? I am so so afraid.

To top it all off, I am continuiong with work as a teacher and had a mountain of reports and sign offs to do this week which I have managed to do. I am so afraid that I am getting stressed out about everything and this will now have a negative impact on m life and I dont know how to break the cycle.

Any help appreciated.