PDA

View Full Version : signed off again

bubblerawks
11-06-15, 13:21
i haven't been on the forums in a very long time (sorry if this is in the wrong place) but im struggling again recently.

ive had depression and anxiety for 9 years and came off medication in april for the first time in 9 years.

i was signed off end of last year for a total of 5 weeks. im now signed off again until Tuesday however im not sure if im going to take the time off.

im currently going to group therapy which i hate and i feel like im like this now because im getting so stressed out about it.

i just feel like crying all the time, im back at the hospital Tuesday to see my doctors..just feeling fed up and feel like a moan as ive no idea how to get back to normal :weep:

Sparkle1984
11-06-15, 17:41
Hi, I'm sorry to hear you are struggling again. Having suffered relapses myself (I'm going through one right now), I know how frustrating it is to think you've defeated this illness only for it to come back again.

When I'm feeling like this, I have to keep trying to remind myself that I've recovered in the past, and therefore I can recover again. When I'm feeling really bad, it's hard to believe that I'll get better, But I have to hold onto that glimmer of hope.

Don't be afraid to take time off work if you feel you need it. It is better to take a few days off now rather than running the risk of your condition getting more serious due to the stress of working whilst unwell.

What happened with your medication after the 9 years - did you choose to come off it as you were feeling better, or did you come off because it wasn't working? If the latter, are you considering alternatives with your doctor?