PDA

View Full Version : Fast heart rate when standing and full head feeling

stars22
11-06-15, 16:40
Laterly when I stand I go Dizzy I get palpations off balance and sometimes feel I can't breathe this is not all the time but it's very often .
I'm sat here now my heart is beating Strong I feel nausea I feel I'm been suffocated and I have a tickling feeling inside my body im so ConVinced im dying I feel nearly too weak to type this I feel to weak to talk stand ect I'm spinning I feel as though everything is moving around me fine but in stopping it's scaring me so badly I feel like my body is just stopping im too weak does anybody else get this ??

misskittie
11-06-15, 16:57
The dizziness and stuff when standing is most likely due to blood pooling in the legs when sitting and when you stand it it needs to move quickly and can cause the lightheadness and stuff. I get it all the time and my doctor said to just stand up slower to stop it from happening as often. It has definitely worked for me.
The rest sounds like panic attacks I get and what helps me is to get a glass of water and take just small sips while lying on the couch wrapped up in a comfy blanket and say to yourself I am calm, I am safe. This is a panic attack and it cannot hurt me. I do it over and over until I can finally feel myself relaxing. I wish you all the best.

sammie13s
11-06-15, 21:55
I get this too. It's awful I no. It's panic. Even though sometimes you don't feel you are. Try not to fight the feeling. Just go with it and accept it and it should pass xx

Davit
11-06-15, 23:47
There is a name for this and sorry but if it goes in like two minutes then it is physical not anxiety. To actually have it you need a difference of 30 mg/ht higher.

Fishmanpa
11-06-15, 23:53
Orthostatic hypotension

It's a form of low blood pressure that happens when you stand up from sitting or lying down. It can make you feel dizzy or lightheaded, and maybe even faint. Orthostatic hypotension is often mild, lasting a few seconds to a few minutes after standing.

Postive thoughts

Davit
12-06-15, 02:17
Thank you Fishmanpa.

countrygirl
12-06-15, 15:58
My husband and I both have this and mine is at tis worst the first few hours in the morning as my bp is low then anyway. My poor husband cannot bend down without having to hold onto something when he comes back up.
Otherwise known as a slightly dodgy blood pressure regulatory system!

stars22
20-06-15, 15:59
Thank you all do you know if they is a cure doctors always say my blood pressure is perfect and basically congratulate me on it .
but I can't go on with it because I'm having to hold onto things im scared if one day they isn't anything to hold onto and ill collaspe I had to bend to do my little ones shoe in the street and it happened I was reaching for the fence lucky I got it in time but within that time he could of ran into the road or anything so it's pretty scary im also having muscke twitching problems all over and shaking in my head feeling I'm wondering if this is part of it too because they seem to be my strongest symtoms xx

dittarco
20-06-15, 16:57
Hi stars

I get this at times as well. If you're an anxious person and have been for a while this will continue until you get your body into a state of calm for an extended period of time. You're body will continue to produce odd symptoms and sensations until you can dial down ...

Try anxietycentre.com. It's been helping me. I've had panic and anxiety since I'm 8. I'm 32 now and fed up. So far so good.