PDA

View Full Version : New today

canoo
11-06-15, 19:16
Hi everyone,

I suffer from severe anxiety but the reason I came here today is down to my toilet phobia. I have IBS and a huge fear of going to the toilet. I have frequent panic attacks when I am out about not making the toilet in time and when there is a toilet, I am too scared to go for fear of being judged. I found this site today after a massive freak-out whilst waiting to collect my car led me to search for more help. I have been to CBT for a few months through the NHS and had my last session this week. It helped a little but the severity of it is still largely the same.

Thanks for your help.

venusbluejeans
11-06-15, 19:22
Hiya canoo and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Davit
11-06-15, 19:35
Welcome.

Please read my starred threads under panic forum. The fact you focus on IBS can make it worse and there is some study showing it may be possible to influence it with cognitive restructuring.

canoo
13-06-15, 17:37
Hi everyone and thank you for the tips!

Soulcatcher71
20-06-15, 21:32
Canoo, that was the very same issue I developed as a kid at school (the fear of needing the toilet at inappropriate times, or not being able to get to one). It ruled my life all through those school years.
I know exactly what you're going through.
I hope you find some good advice on here :)