PDA

View Full Version : Health anxiety

tmckenzie-orr
11-06-15, 19:45
Hello guys, I suffer grately from health anxiety, I joined this website around 2 years ago when i was worried about having throat cancer, and had a camera through the nose and that hole worry and upset went and i cancelled my cbt therapy , and was pretty dorment until , the end of march when i had a accident at work, And caused me to have a blood clot in the groin and i was worried i was gonna have a hernia and panicked worrying everyday getting my other half to feel the clot and see its going down and which it did and is so small now but still there, And then since then i have turned into a obsessed nutter again, And i now worry about skin cancer and constantly checking my moles etc as i have fair skin and have quite a few freckles and moles, I googled that moles should are normally symetricial and need to look out for ones that are not and of corse i happen to find one on my shoulder thats darkish in colour that looks like a dark brown freckle , and looks like a butterfly not round like there supposed to be, and of corse that sends me into overdrive its only tiny like so small must be 2mm max but i have turned into such a freak, And its making me worry so much and worrying about it every morning i wake up, and today i was close to tears checking google and reading about the moles again that i possibley have done 1000 times in the past 3 weeks, so today i went to doctors, the doctor said the mole is un even and is not round, but Is not concerned with the colour of it at all and checked the rest of my body and said all my moles are fine ( I still worry of corse haha ) and he has prescribed me Citalopram 20mg and cbt therapy again with time to time which i made a appointmenet with today, Does any of you take citalopram for your anxiety? and isit really worth taking? I do want to be better as its causing so much upset within my family the way i constantly am seeking re-insurance about my mole on my shoulder,

sorry for the essay have basically just been saying whats on my mind haha , I do hate this anxiety its definately a absolute fear of cancer and bad health anxiety and operations etc

lyndau63
12-06-15, 00:38
I know just how you feel. I always think everything is cancer.
I have been taking Citalopram for a few years and I do find it very helpful. Recently went up to 30mg because a lot has happened this year but hope to reduce again soon.

Hope you feel better for letting it all out. :) Good luck with the Citalopram; it will take a 2-3 weeks to kick in I think.

tmckenzie-orr
12-06-15, 15:55
Yeah do feel a bit better for letting it out lol, i feel mad and a weirdo but i always check my mouth for signs of cancer if i have a stomach ache i worry an check if theres any blood in the toilet lol i am absolutely fruit cake lol, took my first tablet yesterday, i dont know if it was from working in the sun, or if the tablet made me feel tired ? i do hope can beat this horrible anxiety i have heard some good reviews and some bad

lyndau63
12-06-15, 16:29
Best of luck. Always here if you need to chat.

tmckenzie-orr
12-06-15, 16:37
thank you very much you too,