PDA

View Full Version : Cramps anyone?? Worried :(

Westielove
11-06-15, 20:16
Does anyone experience frequent cramps? I get toe cramps a lot during/after exercise and I am scared it could be linked to something serious as I googled once (:unsure:) and it scared me! I always keep really hydrated and have been taking potassium and magnesium supplements to try and avoid them.

Do you know if it's normal to get them regularly?

Please say you also experience them?? I'm really scared that they mean something bad :(

Thank you

bingjam
11-06-15, 21:26
I was out for dinner with my partner son and daughter last night everything was fine but then my daughter (19 months) started screaming,... I couldn't find anything that could make he cry like that until I looked at her foot and her little pinky toe was literally bent outwards.... Turns out it was cramp,... It freaked me out I thought it was something bad but goes to show that anyone and everyone any age can get cramp.... I had to rub her toe and around that area in her foot too sooth her until the cramp eased

Westielove
11-06-15, 22:14
Aww the poor little thing, must have been worrying for you as well, good job you noticed what it was.

I'm just worried because I get toe cramps quite frequently and granted, it's usually worse when I've been on my feet a lot (I work in events) or exercising. My calf and shin muscles get tense and then my toes cramp if I point them.

When I googled it, although it said it can be a variety of things, it did say that it is associated with HIV (my biggest phobia).

I have posted before about my phobia and have been told by many that there is no chance I will have it due to various factors, but I cannot accept it. Then when I started experiencing cramps and read that it was a 'symptom', well I completely freaked out and cannot get it out of my mind.

If anyone knows anything about this I would be grateful to hear from you

Thanks in advance

Xx

swgrl09
12-06-15, 00:02
My husband gets them a lot, frequently being low on magnesium can cause muscle cramps. Do you take any vitamins?

lyndau63
12-06-15, 00:32
I have cramp in every part of my body at different times. Ribs is one of the worst. And I get them at the most inconvenient times!

Westielove
12-06-15, 09:13
My husband gets them a lot, frequently being low on magnesium can cause muscle cramps. Do you take any vitamins?

Does your husband get them randomly or after exercise/strain?

Well yes I started taking a daily magnesium + potassium effervescent about 2 weeks ago in hope that they would combat the cramps. But no. Last night was worse than ever. Only toe cramps when I put them in certain positions but my calf muscles felt very tight and still do. Maybe I should see a physio or podiatrist?

I don't know whether it's normal to experience these and if I should relax and forget about them or actually pay attention to them and see someone?

swgrl09
12-06-15, 12:02
He gets them more often if he doesn't wear proper foot support, but does just get them randomly, sometimes at night in bed, sometimes during the day.