PDA

View Full Version : When you can't sleep because you're afraid to die. .

Daniele_T
11-06-15, 20:40
My most recent HA worry is that I have dvt in my left leg...I had serious lower back pain and have now convinced myself that it was or is a pelvic dvt that is causing pain in my calf muscle and that moves to my ankle, knee and thigh...
Anyways, with Health Anxiety I've had trouble just sleeping before because of the what ifs and that I'd not wake up.

So I pondered a thought that may be helpful...it may not but i'll share it anyway....

When I sleep if I should die, I'll simply wake up again as me in an identical buy nontheless different versions of my life.
Everything will be as it was when I fell asleep and only the people back in that other life will know or grieve but I won't know about it.
They'll be here in this new and identical version of my existence.

For all I know it has happened many times already.
As it did to the people I have lost.

P.S. visible veins in the calf are normal for some people right? :yesyes:

rsanchez
12-06-15, 00:18
I think visible veins are normal.

I was having this exact pain earlier today at work. I sit 8 hours a day at a computer so random pains like that are not unexpected. But, I was worried about bone cancer for a minute there. :scared15:

The pain passed though, like it always does.

Davit
12-06-15, 02:23
You have two sets of veins in your legs so if you get vericose veins they just remove the outside ones. And yes visible veins are normal, more so in light skinned.

You just described a CBT technique called visualization. It works for a lot of unrealistic thoughts.