PDA

View Full Version : Cant seem to get my breath but it is only when I try to severley stressed few days

gordie1
11-06-15, 23:17
Hi there I am really stressed I was due to go to my nephews confirmation on Sunday I was due to leave with my parents yesterday and they were to drive me through to Edinburgh from Perth 40 miles and then I was going to get the train I had not been on a train for 9 years and I was due to travel by train to Manchester I get panic attacks health anxiety and claustrophobia I had sleeplessness and it felt like adrenaline racing through me for 3 days before yesterday I was in such a state at the last minute I didnt go my parents a bit hacked off at me bought new clothes for me paid for a cat sitter I had told all my friends I was going and now had to tell them I backed out. Now tonight I am sitting here as I type this I am breathing fine but all of a sudden I will start gasping for breath for a few minutes. I had a normal ecg and chest xray I am not sure if am really breathless or anxious because of all the stress I have a bad headache as well I have not googled.

Daniele_T
12-06-15, 06:51
I used to get this a lot. .so did my brother.
Are you actually gasping involuntary or do you just feel like you want to take a full breath but can't?

If its the latter then it's a very very common anxiety effect.
You'll probably find yourself yawning more which seems satisfying to the effects and perhaps burping or passing wind more.