PDA

View Full Version : Doctors Appointment

Rik
29-01-07, 13:27
Hi everyone if this is in the wrong section i apologise and please move, anyways i have an appointment at my gp for 2:30 and im really worked up about it, i dont thiink i'll be able to make it as im agrophobic, its quite funny really giving an agrophobic an appointment at the doctors, does any one know of that websit where you can look up theorpists who do home visits? as i do feel like getting better but dont believe i can make it to the doctors :(

samc100
29-01-07, 13:38
Hi Rik

If you really can't make it phone your surgery and ask for the DR to phone you. Then you can discuss with them the next stage forward on treatments.

Let us know how you do.

Lots of luck
Sx

P.S.
And so you don't think you'll be like this forever there have recently been some brilliant stories in the Success section of people getting out! They are inspirational.

susan bunny
29-01-07, 14:10
hi ric

if you feel that bad ring docs and arrange a home visit.

best wishes if u go 2 appointment

x

tam
29-01-07, 16:17
hope everything went ok and you managed to get there,if you didnt go i would ring and explain to the receptionist and see if you can get them to visit you,i would of thought that they would do this,my doctors do.take care tracy

Krakers
29-01-07, 16:42
Hi Rik - I hope you managed to get to the doctors today. If not, its not the end of the world. As others have suggested GP's do have some of their time allocated for home visits, so don't be afraid to ask for one.

I've had problems getting out to my GP in the past. While I didn't like the thought of going I could manage it. It was the waiting and all the people that I dreaded the most. Now when I have to see my GP I either ask for the first or last appointment of the day. With the first you're straight in and out, with the last all the people have gone and I found I could manage.

Krakers.

Rik
29-01-07, 23:24
Hi Everybody and thank you all for the replys it means alot, unfortunatly i didnt make it to the gp i got ready but couldnt get over the fact of going but my parents still went and got some advice the gp has given me a list of private theropists who do home visits and some numbers to ring for some advice.

Krakers
30-01-07, 03:53
Hi Rik - its a pity you couldn't make it, but to be expected under the circumstances.

One thing I would say is that I once had a prescription from a private GP. While I could get the meds I couldn't have them on the NHS. What would have cost me a fiver normally set me back over £60 as a private prescription. That was for one months supply.

So if you do decide that you need meds, then a home visit from your GP is still probably the best route. You're on a docors books, and theres no reason they shouldn't see you at home if you can't get out.

BTW - my other half has been the docs instead of me a couple of times when I couldn't face it. He still listened to her and prescribed for me even though I wasn't there.

Krakers.