PDA

View Full Version : newbie :)

Teresa74
12-06-15, 15:17
Hello everyone, my name's Teresa,
Thought I'd say a quick hello and finally join up. I've been reading threads here on and off for a while.
I suffer with anxiety and for the last 8-9months I have had a terrible swallowing problem, I have been to see the GP who sent me to a Speech Therapist who has ruled out anything 'physical' as such, but I am now seeing a counsellor once a week to see if she can help.
Reading a lot of the threads on here has helped me to know that is actually quite a common problem. I know its all down to my anxiety, my busy lifestyle (I have 3 kids, a dog and a cat!!) and a moody OH. :blush:
I will carry on reading the helpful threads and appreciate any help to guide me where to look.
thanks for reading :)

venusbluejeans
12-06-15, 15:23
Hiya Teresa74 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

sial72
12-06-15, 15:35
Hi Teresa
Welcome :hugs:
I had the swallowing problem for a long time and like with everything else as soon as I stopped fearing it it magically vanished :blush:
I also have a grumpy OH, doesn't help does it? And the older he gets the grumpier he becomes :doh:

Teresa74
12-06-15, 16:07
Hi Sial, thank you
and no it doesn't help at all! He doesn't understand how I feel, even though I try to explain it to him :shrug:
I'm hoping the more I learn about my fear, the better I will get

sial72
12-06-15, 16:10
Teresa, have you read Claire Weekes' books?

Teresa74
15-06-15, 21:58
No i haven't, do they help?

sial72
15-06-15, 23:22
I personally find them very helpful and always recommend them. I know a lot of people who have found them very helpful. Have a little look, you've got nothing to loose x