PDA

View Full Version : Breast cancer

Toby2000
12-06-15, 22:34
Hi,

Yes I'm back. I've been doing really well and the school nurse has finally asked me to fill in a questionnaire about my anxieties, so i'm getting somewhere.

The reason I'm back is because I'm scared I have breast cancer. For the past few years I've had a tenderness behind both my nipples, which are kinda fat by the way, whenever I press them. Now I have a pain around/under my right nipple and I just thought if it could be breast cancer!

I know it could be puberty, but I'm just wondering if it could be anything else

Toby :)

Gary A
12-06-15, 23:03
Um...ok, I'm confused. Isn't Toby a guys name?

Toby2000
12-06-15, 23:18
You can get male breast cancer

Gary A
12-06-15, 23:24
You don't have breast cancer. Frankly, it's quite possibly the most ridiculous concern I've read on this forum.

MyNameIsTerry
13-06-15, 04:44
Toby,

I think your school nurse is incredibly out of her depth if she is only asking you to fill in a questionairre now. Your GP should have done that anyway, the forms are all universal and used across the world.

Has she explained when you will be receiving therapy and who by?

Yes, irrational worries are par for the course for many anxiety sufferers. At my most severe I was struggling to eat food and drink water because of how the sensations in my body were a perceived threat. But until you get therapy, how did you manage to reduce your anxiety in the previous periods? Did it just go or did you take some action to change the situation?

Emilym80
13-06-15, 16:14
Toby,

They don't even tell women to do breast self-exams until their mid-20s. They're simple to do, so if there was any considerable risk at all for men, they'd tell you to self-check.

I've only ever heard of a man having breast cancer once. Your pain is probably muscular or related to puberty.

All the best.

worrywart29
13-06-15, 19:31
I was actually relieved to not have seen you post I thought to myself that Toby must have finally got the help he needed. I was happy because I saw how bad you were suffering, and at such a young age. What ever it is you were doing you have to stay strong with it in order not to fall back down this path. At this point I'm convinced your school nurse is not taking your issues seriously if she is just now asking you to fill out a questionnaire. You do not have breast cancer so don't even entertain that thought...seriously.

pulisa
13-06-15, 19:59
Due to the apparent severity of your HA at such a young age I'm surprised that the school nurse has been dealing with your case. Is your family satisfied that you haven't been referred to CAMHS and are just being reviewed by a school nurse?