PDA

View Full Version : question about hayfever

eddy1608
13-06-15, 18:43
does hayfever effect anyones throat and breathing? ive always been aware of my breathing and feel short of breath with my anxiety but ive been getting this constant feeling in my throat thats hard to describe.
the pollen in my area is very high but with health anxiety as you know its hard not to fear the worst.
thanks

MyNameIsTerry
14-06-15, 07:44
Yes, it does. It causes the histamine to react in your body hence the runny nose issues and inflammation. It will cause some of this to probably end up going backwards into your throat. You may also find extra mucus production in your throat and all the way to your lungs because of it irritating those areas.

I have asthma and if my lungs are irritated by a trigger, which can include pollen, it will cause extra mucus production which is a normal reaction by the immune system...its just too much in asthma in terms of the inflammation it causes.

So, yes you very likely will find issues with throat tightness, soreness and extra mucus causing you to have saw throats and a load of clearing issues. Your nose may be swelling slightly and causing some breathing issues and then your lungs will react slightly as said above (but not to the levels of an asthma sufferer)

I have used antihistamines and nasal sprays over the years. The sprays are better. But the best has been one of the infra red machines. My hayfever is greatly reduced and quite a few years I barely have any at all.

pinky260
14-06-15, 19:54
I've just posted a question asking basically the same before I saw yours lol

My throat feels tight & dry & like I keep needing to swallow & I am wondering if its hay fever related although my hay fever doesn't seem too bad at the moment but the pollen is very high round here. When my hay fever gets bad I get wheezy with it. I hope you're ok x