PDA

View Full Version : Time to say Goodbye

airwolf451
29-01-07, 16:11
well guys today i have reached an empass,

i have just had my first session with my CBT therapist, and it went well Praise God.

im looking forward to the treatment, though under his advisement im leaving NMP. he says its not helping me to get better as i am using it as a crutch for reassurance and for things to improve i need to stop searching for it and start to cope and believe that what is going on are reactions caused by thoughts.

I would like to say that i wouldnt have reached this stage if where not for the help of this site and certain people in particular, ( you know who you are)

i may drop in from time to time to say hi and see how you guys are doing, but for now its time for me to walk the road that God intended me to walk.

i wish each and everyone of you happiness and i hope you all find the answers and the help you all need.

for those of you who have my msn feel free to say hi, and its also on my profile, so if anyone needs to chat just get my msn of my profile and i will always be happy to lend a helping hand.

God Bless and take care every one,

and rememner, with faith prayer and a little effort we can move mountains.

All my love ,
Stephen.

" for God did not give me a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, a spirit of love self discipline, sound mind and body, peace strength and good health"

Lynnann
29-01-07, 16:25
Hi stephen,

Wishing you all the best with your therapy, I hope that your positive attitude will be rewarded. Remember NMP will still be here, it would be nice to hear from you and make sure you let us know how well you are doing!

Hugs to you

Lynnann:)

honeybee3939
29-01-07, 16:33
Hi Stephen

Good luck with your Therapy, its sounds like you have made some good progress already, Please pop back sometime and let us know how things are going.

Look after yourself hun

Love

Andrea
xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

Lindalou64
29-01-07, 16:35
HEYYYYYYYYY
IM HAPPY YA GOT TO CBT I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST AND THE LORD WILL LEAD YOU IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION KEEP THE FAITH................I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST IN YOUR RECOVERY AND ALL THE BEST IN YOUR JOURNEY.................LINDAXXXX[8D]

Ma Larkin
29-01-07, 16:55
Hi Stephen, can't believe your going and can't believe that your CBT counsellor told you not to come on here because mine gave me this web address!! Makes you wonder doesn't it.

Stick with what you know best hun and I look forward to hearing from you.

Les, xx

trac67
29-01-07, 17:23
Aww honey we will miss you, but you have to decide what will be best for you and your recovery.

Don't stay away from MSN though as I want to know how you are getting on.

Speak soon

Love

Trac xx

'Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'

manmoor
29-01-07, 18:17
Steve,

All the best with the CBT. Chat to you soon my wee Irish matey lol. xxx

"When There Was Only One It Was Then That I Carried You."

Daisybun
29-01-07, 18:26
Hi Stephen, good to hear it is starting to move on for you. You sound like you have a strong faith, just remember that faith the size of a mustard seed can move mountains. He's with you through this, He was for me and I am still doing well. God bless you and keep you safe.

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

tam
29-01-07, 19:41
hi airwolf all the best and hope things get better and better,let us know how you get on though every now and then.take care tracy

kazzie
29-01-07, 21:44
All the best Stephen

luv kaz x x

ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE!!!!!!

Sue K with 5
30-01-07, 00:00
I have to agree with your therapist because mine said the same but what i do honey is come in and read the hugs page and the success stories and avoid areas which are likely to trigger a thought or a panic reaction so dont stay away completely and good luck, I am right with you on this one, im now on my third CBT session and its going ok for me too

Hugs and keep focused honey

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

scknight

Southern_Belle
30-01-07, 00:21
Hi Stephen,

Congratulations on your success and good luck with your CBT sessions. You will be missed.

Belxx

"Our thoughts are our reality"

Quirky
30-01-07, 11:49
Hi Stephen,

Your therapist may have a point as two CBT therapists have now told me that I need to leave this site, so they may all be right I guess. I haven't managed to leave yet though, I'm too addicted I think and also like seeing how my friends here are doing and catching up with them.

Good luck with your CBT.

LJ

cam
30-01-07, 20:26
all the best mate......i know exactly what ya mean......hope all goes well...take it easy man

Cam.......

yorkylover
31-01-07, 00:11
All the very best Stephen.

Ellen XX

Danielle_ARG
31-01-07, 17:29
Hey steve im glad about the CBT news!!!
Youll be fine hun, youll see im here if you need anything hun!

best wishesxxxxxxx

Danielle.xx

Melina
31-01-07, 17:37
Hi Stephen I'm waiting for an appointment for CBT, Ive never had therapy so dont know what to expect. its really inspiring and reassuring to know that it does and CAN work. good luck

t0rt01se36
01-02-07, 16:24
Best wishes for the future Stephen. It was great to have you as a cyberfriend.

Nel
02-02-07, 11:30
Good luck Stephen!
This site is a life saver for people in the early stages of anxiety, it is great resource for learning more about what you are feeling and understanding it. Once you have that knowledge (which we all know is power) it definitely is advisable to shift the focus. It takes time to get to a place where there are more important things in life than worrying, but you’ll get there - I have. I don’t want or need reassurance anymore, so that can only be good! Spring will be upon us soon and there is a whole world out there waiting for us.
Keep at the CBT Stephen, you’ll benefit form it I have no doubt!

Nel xxx

nomorepanic
02-02-07, 11:44
Stephen

Good luck and take care and pop back and let us know how you are doing!

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel