PDA

View Full Version : Dizziness and balance problems (Wobbly)

Nobbya26
14-06-15, 18:25
Hi everyone. So glad I found this forum. Been an anxiety sufferer simce school. All started with panic attacks during exams. Even got to the point where I was in hospital for a while. Been on various SSRIs.

For the past about 16 months I've been suffering really bad with balance and dizziness problems. It all started when I came off Lexapro, was on a 20mg dose. Ever since then my lifes been hell. The gp said it was all anxiety and stress and that it is showing itself in a different form. I've tried sertraline which didn't help and am now back on Lexapro at 5mg, have been for 12 weeks.

The derealisation is getting out of hand. Nothing seems real anymore. I constantly feel like I'm walking on sand or on a bouncy castle, if that makes sense. Lately my vision has been really bad too. Not as clear as it used to be. Swear, I'm convinced I've got a brain tumour. It's becoming more of a problem now than its ever been. Doesn't seem to be any light at the end of the tunnel.

Surely the physical symptoms can't be all anxiety related?

Sorry for rambling on. New to the forum and you guys, hopefully, have an idea what I'm talking about.

Jordan

Gary A
14-06-15, 19:00
Believe it or not, your physical symptoms can be caused by anxiety. A combination of a tired and overworked nervous system, hyperventilation, excessive levels of adrenaline and noradrenaline in the blood and fatigue can all contribute to feelings of dizziness and unsteadiness.

Your eyes may be playing a part as well, so it's probably wise to go and get them tested.

Libra
14-06-15, 21:11
Agree with Gary..anxiety...I could list dozens of symptoms and all were anxiety related for reasons Gary has mentioned.

Davit
14-06-15, 21:20
Anxiety at it's worst can shut you down literally in your tracks. You can end up sitting even whether you want to or not. It can give you tunnel vision.

Nobbya26
16-06-15, 03:57
Thanks for the replies, much appreciated guys.

It's just so hard to accept that it's all anxiety and nothing more sinister. Really are convinced that there's something wrong in my head. These symptoms are nothing like I've experienced before and just can't shake them off. The only time I felt 'normal' was when I was taking Lexapro at 20mg. I know meds aren't the answer but really don't know what to do.

I've got a 3 week old baby at home and was really hoping all of what I'm feeling might've gone when she was born. Don't get me wrong, it's not everyday I feel like this. Some days there's no derealisation, no balnce issues or dizziness. Them days I just hold on the hope that it's finally easing off but then it comes back twice as bad.

Going to get my eyes tested today. Hopefully that'll put my mind at rest regarding any sort of issue brain wise.

colinmckee2
16-06-15, 15:23
I am on sertraline 50mg and have been for the last 4 weeks and I too am having balance problems. I went and got my ears tested yesterday and there's nothing. Must be my medication or anxiety, I too convince myself i've a tumour myself.

Nobbya26
17-06-15, 03:30
Morning guys. Went and got my eyes checked yesterday and I've been given glasses. Hopefully the blurred vision will now stop. I kust can't shake the thought that there's still a tumour in my head. I should know that all of what I'm feeling is anxiety as I've done enough reading on it. It's the 'floaty' feeling when walking that is really worrying me. Looking around and seeing people at work just enjoying their day and there's me with the feeling that I'm going to constantly pass out, it's horrible.

I'd make another appointment at the docs but I've had blood tests and an ECG done in the past and they came back normal. Blood pressure is fine as is temperature. The constant adrenaline rush is there and won't budge. Maybe that's what's causing the constant dizziness and feeling off balance/faint?

silver blaze
17-06-15, 09:27
you sound just like me Sky

Imogen93
15-11-15, 23:26
Do you still get this? As I have this right now and I hate it, someone reply :(