PDA

View Full Version : Truly terrified

Rosie2
14-06-15, 19:10
Hi all,

Discovered a painful lump in one breast a week ago. I saw a Dr who felt it and said it was likely hormonal, but I have to go for scans anyway. Since I found the lump I have been living in a state of terror and I am finding it so hard to cope. Worse still, I have not been particularly religious in life, and now I am tormented by the possibility of going to hell. If anyone has any advice I would appreciate it so much.

tmckenzie-orr
14-06-15, 19:13
Try not to worry yourself, At the moment just go with the fact the doctor said its hormonal , And that your ok until you are told otherwise, The doctor is sending you for the scans just incase, but fingers cross it is just hormonal like your doctor said , Dont be over thinking to much try and take your mind of things, It could be a number of things like abssess or cyst doesnt have to be cancer, keep positive, And dont think of the worse please, when is your scan?

Rosie2
14-06-15, 19:15
Try not to worry yourself, At the moment just go with the fact the doctor said its hormonal , And that your ok until you are told otherwise, The doctor is sending you for the scans just incase, but fingers cross it is just hormonal like your doctor said , Dont be over thinking to much try and take your mind of things, It could be a number of things like abssess or cyst doesnt have to be cancer, keep positive, And dont think of the worse please, when is your scan?

Thank you! I have another appointment with a different doctor tomorrow who can refer me to a scan, but its likely there's a waiting list and it could be many weeks. The thought of waiting so long terrifies me.

Jimpy
14-06-15, 19:24
Oh Rosie so sorry to hear you are having such a bad time of things, first thing is not to focus on the long term but take it moment by moment and remember to discuss all of your concerns with the doctor even the anxious thoughts. As for the religious element of your fears anxiety manifests itself in so many ways and your mind sounds like it is playing out a scary scenario, why not talk to someone who you trust about your fears? Get that rrassurance, I am sending you my best wishes :) hope you feel better soon :)

Jim

tmckenzie-orr
14-06-15, 19:31
The waiting is always the worse bit with everything, Even the dentist sitting in the waiting room is horrible once your out your like im so stupid that wasnt even that bad, well think of that with this scan fingers crossed all will be fine for you, Make sure you really tell the doctor how worried you are and hopefully he will put you for a urgent scan, Keep positive im here to talk if you need somebody to talk too

saint66
14-06-15, 19:38
The anticipation of waiting for the news builds up if you let it,and you start thinking negative things, everything will be ok. . good luck ....steve

Tabbyann
15-06-15, 20:39
Try not too worry I know it's hard I had the same thing a few years back I was terrified mine was a fibroid a beign tumor not dangerous at all, had it removed and had no problems since I hope it's all ok the waiting is the worst bit x

lyndau63
15-06-15, 23:21
I am here too if you want to talk. If you send a private message I can perhaps help you with the worry about hell too.

sully82
20-06-15, 23:36
I'm sorry to bump an old thread, but just know that you're not alone. That is one of the things that started me down this road. I was thinking about all the bad things that happen to good people. I've been a pretty big turd for most of my life and just felt like it was time it would catch up with me. I also feel guilty about not taking my son to church and worry about how to give him a good upbringing.