PDA

View Full Version : Sore throat

pinky260
14-06-15, 19:48
ive had a sore throat on & off for a while. It feels tight & I keep swallowing cos I'm aware of it if that makes sense. My throat feels very dry too. Is it possible it's my hay fever playing up? My eyes are itchy & nose is running but not bad but having HA I keep thinking its throat cancer & panicking over it which I think is making it worse. Any advice would be welcome

Chrissie x

pinky260
16-06-15, 15:12
I've been to the dr she said its from heart burn & indigestion which I've had a lot of recently & given me some tablets beginning with o that I can't spell lol Has anyone had a sore throat on & off with indigestion? Feeling better but still worried x

sherry68
16-06-15, 15:30
I certainly can identify with that. I have been having on and off sore throat before I was diagnosed with GERD. Things do get better after taking the medication for it (I was prescribed ganaton, controloc and gaviscon). I had an endoscopy done and the doctor confirmed the throat problem is due to gerd and not anything else. Hope everything will get better soon for you.

pinky260
16-06-15, 16:43
Thank you. Finding it hard to put the two things together but I took the first tablet last night & woke up with no sore throat then this afternoon when tablet is due it's hurting again.

sherry68
17-06-15, 02:57
The doctor said its the acid that goes back up which irritates the throat. He also mentioned that at times people can even have sinus pain because of acid reflux. I also could not make the connection initially... :) Based on my experience, it takes a while before the medication clear the symptoms. Perhaps you can also try drinking honey lemon..it soothes the throat. Take care.

pinky260
17-06-15, 15:52
Thank you. I feel better knowing someone else has had similar. I forgot my tablet this morning & went out for the day & my throat has been quite sore x