PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know anything about changing moles?

hannah25
14-06-15, 23:00
Hi,

I am on holiday at the moment (in Belfast, not somewhere very hot!!), and was walking around in the sun the other day, I didn't have any sun cream on as it didn't seem that sunny. Anyway, that night my arm, and in particular one of my small moles (about the size of a pencil point) started itching. I woke up the next morning and it had turned black in the middle and hard and swollen with a red circle around it. Since then it has gotten harder (a bit like a scab), but it is still the same size, tiny.

I am now terrified that I have skin cancer and I obviously can't get to a doctor until I get home in a weeks time.

Does anyone know if this could be anything apart from skin cancer/why the mole has changed so suddenly?

Thanks

worrywart29
14-06-15, 23:05
When it was itching did you scratch it?

hannah25
14-06-15, 23:13
I think I did, I scratched my whole arm but not loads.

worrywart29
14-06-15, 23:50
It's possible you could have scratched it a little harder than you realized. I don't think it's anything to worry about.

hannah25
15-06-15, 00:00
Ok, thank you!

Munchlet
15-06-15, 21:00
Hi

A friend of mine had a couple of moles on her back that were quite large and they were itching a lot. They were removed and were completely benign.

I also remember years ago scratching a mole on my leg and making it bleed. It scabbed over then the scab dropped off but to this day I still have a line in the mole where I damaged it.

Sometimes we do just get itches and if it's in the area of a mole and they get damaged then they will bleed/scab.

Doesn't sound like it's anything to worry about but if it doesn't got back to normal, ie the hardness goes etc then I'd say just get it checked for piece of mind.

Take care