PDA

View Full Version : Anxious after blood test results

Ditapage
15-06-15, 02:18
Hi, my blood tests are fine according to my doctor but then she went and said one of the markers was elevated - white blood count. I asked what it meant and she said it's just an indication of allergy, sinus, colds. I'm anxious about infections so that doesn't help. I asked if I had to take antibiotics for it and she said no. But I'm panicking I have a serious infection thanks to HA. If she said no to the antibiotics it's not any serious infection or she'd know from my blood tests to prescribe antibiotics , correct?

sial72
15-06-15, 03:25
Correct! If she was at all concerned she would have done something about it, it could be any of these simple things like colds, allergy etc for which antibiotics are of no use whatsoever so if she's not concerned you shouldn't be either.
Xx

Jimpy
15-06-15, 03:31
Yes please don't worry if there was a problem the doctor would have said. I am sure all is fine and everything is ok :) I hope all is ok soon and you feel better about things.

Ditapage
17-06-15, 05:07
Thank you - feeling much better, I forgot that antibiotics are not necessary for a simple cold. This HA really makes me crazy. And I read that Stress and anxiety affects levels too - there's no denying the stress and anxiety in my life so that explains a lot. Thanks again!