PDA

View Full Version : Worried about chest pain

sdd
15-06-15, 02:29
Let me start out by saying that I am overweight, have high bp and high triglycerides. I am just beginning to lose weight and hope that I can get all of these things back to normal.

I have always had palpitations and some chest pain. I went to a cardiologist about 14 years ago for the first time in my early 20s. I was diagnosed with Mitral Valve Prolapse and was told this was the source of my palps and pain. So, I didn't worry about it anymore. Until...

About a year and a half ago, I started having a racing pulse and more palps than normal. I went to my doctor and he said all looked fine, but he wanted me to get my Mitral valve checked since it had been awhile. So off I went to a cardiologist. The cardiologist did several tests and all looked ok. She told me I do not have Mitral Valve Prolapse though.

I was ok for about a year and a half since I knew my heart passed the tests. However, the past week I've been having lots of palps and chest pain. I can no longer blame this on my Mitral Valve so now I am worried. I keep reading that women can have very little or no chest pain during a heart attack.

Help!

sial72
15-06-15, 03:04
Hi
If you have been checked and told you are ok then I would not worry about it being anything serious as these can easily be anxiety symptoms, but if you are concerned they could maybe check again or do some different tests just for your peace of mind.
As one person on this site said, if it was something very serious you wouldn't be sitting here typing.
Good luck x