PDA

View Full Version : scared I have brain tumour.

Ronan23
15-06-15, 03:48
Since around February I've been getting a headache on one side of my head. It comes and goes and ibuprofen tends to ease it. Its not daily but I'd say it happens at least every other day. Today I woke up and felt very nauseous and dizzy. I suffer with health anxiety as it is and the internet doesn't help. I looked up brain tumour symptoms and have now convinced myself I have a rare but invariably fatal form of brain cancer called glioblastoma. I guess I'm just writing here asking whether I'm being silly jumping to this conclusion. To have headaches for 4 months is kinda worrying. I've noticed they have only begun since I moved to a hotter climate but surely that can't cause it. I hate how health anxiety always makes me think of the worst possible cause of my issues and automatically assume that's what I have :(

Thoughts
16-06-15, 18:34
If you had GB you'd know by now. It has short course and results in persistent unrelenting headaches. Any chance the HA is by your temple and eye socket, with a little tension on the scalp. Do you keep a tense position and notice pain and tightness in the neck? Those would suggest tension headache and referred pain. Common w anxiety.

Ronan23
20-06-15, 05:58
By unrelenting do you mean the pain would be really bad and wouldn't go away much? I don't think its anxiety related. It covers a large area on the side of my head just above my right ear. As I've mentioned I've had it since moving to a hot country but I'm doubt ful that can cause headaches

Gary A
20-06-15, 10:13
You might be suffering from migraines, they are almost always located on one side of the head. A gioblastoma is the fastest growing type of brain tumour. If you had one for four months you'd be either dead or extremely ill. You'd also have a whole host of neuroligical problems like paralysis. The dizziness you're experiencing may be a migraine aura, which lots of people get before a migraine strikes.

It's not a gioblastoma, that I'm pretty sure of.