PDA

View Full Version : lost & alone

lindy lou 2
15-06-15, 11:55
Hi, well the title says it all !
I have woken with my constant anxiety & even though loads of things need doing I don't seem to have the strength or concentration to do them.
This has been going on for 3 yrs & I am exhausted with it.
Does it ever go away ?
I am on so many meds it scares me & angers my husband, he won't take tablets & thinks I should be off them all, I am weaning, very slowly off mirtazapine, I do have some arthritis, had a hip replaced 5 years ago, but all of a sudden, EVERYTHING is hurting, I have read that mirt can cause arthralgia & myalgia, I also think it makes me more anxious, but the tapering is going to take a very long time.
I just rang the crisis team at the mental health centre I attend, but they just give me platitudes, I am supposed to have a support worker but have only seen her 3 times since December.
My p doc, also has me dropping one 5mg diazepam to a 2/12
so now iam on 2 & a half a day, plus , she now wants me to drop from 3.75
zopiclone to a half, which I think is all a bit much !

Crystalhiggs
15-06-15, 12:42
Hi Lindy Lou
Oh I'm sorry you're in such a bad place at the moment!
It does sound like dropping/tapering these meds all at once is a bit much.
On the other hand you said it scares you being on so many, so the fact that you're coming out the other side also sounds like a good thing!
I can totally understand them wanting you off zopiclone and diazepam. But not sure why they would want you to come off mirtazapine at the same time? Just coming off one of those meds will be hard enough!
Can I ask how long you have been on all these meds? I would go to your gp/ psychiatrist and tell them how you feel and that this is too much to take on all at once!
You're not alone, men don't always get it, my husband thinks I should snap out of it but if only it were that easy eh?
Good luck and keep us posted!

MrYnot
15-06-15, 12:57
Hello,.. I'm Tom

lindy lou 2
15-06-15, 14:14
Hi Tom, can you talk to me a little bit ? are you ok ?

---------- Post added at 14:08 ---------- Previous post was at 13:55 ----------

Thanks for replying to me, I have had to ring the crisis team this morning, sorry if I have already said that, they have told me I must carry on with the risperidone, .5 mg for the anxiety, she said it could take 6 weeks to work, but I am losing faith in anything working !
As you said, if only it was so easy to snap out of it.
I am sure everybody posting on here would love to do just that !
My husband says I have to find my Buddah, I would .......if I knew how ???

---------- Post added at 14:14 ---------- Previous post was at 14:08 ----------

Not sure who I sent that reply to, I am still trying to navigate around this site, it was to crystalhiggs hope I sent it to the right person