PDA

View Full Version : Why do I feel horrific all the time?

cjemc
15-06-15, 13:16
I don't know how much longer this can continue. I keep feeling like I need to escape from every situation I am in. There is something wrong with the way I am perceiving this, I have a feeling I have a sensory perception disorder.

Davit
15-06-15, 21:56
No it is how you perceive what you have in memory. Sensory perception is only the trigger, memory dictates what you do with it.

Davit
16-06-15, 00:37
But there is a cure it only means taking the next three steps. Core beliefs, cognitive restructuring and finally an exposure check.

Fishmanpa
16-06-15, 03:02
But there is a cure it only means taking the next three steps. Core beliefs, cognitive restructuring and finally an exposure check.

Habitually drinking will make you feel pretty miserable too. Cutting out the alcohol should be #1 on that list for the OP IMO.

Positive thoughts

MyNameIsTerry
16-06-15, 05:03
Habitually drinking will make you feel pretty miserable too. Cutting out the alcohol should be #1 on that list for the OP IMO.

Positive thoughts

Yes, definately. I remember Callum was using it to stop a major symptom. Hopefully with some help he can find other ways to reduce his anxiety and stop this coping mechanism.