PDA

View Full Version : Hi new on here

lindy lou 2
16-06-15, 08:36
:weep:Hello every body, I have posted a few times but have been advised to introduce myself , to get more replies.
My name is Linda, 59yrs old , living in notts, uk.
I am married, no children, not working due to ill health & spending a lot of time on my own, as my husband works long hours.
I have been suffering with intense anxiety, for the last 3 years, under the mental health team, who really don't seem to help much, just give me medication, none of which seems to help.
I am at my wits end & feel I need someone to talk to , who understands anxiety :weep:

venusbluejeans
16-06-15, 08:41
Hiya lindy lou 2 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

blue moon
16-06-15, 09:50
Hi lindy lou:D

Welcome to the site.I can relate with you,my husband works long hours and I am on my own a lot,
I have anxiety and PTSD,but mostly have it under control with lots of CBT and meds.I do hope you make friends here.

Petra x

lindy lou 2
16-06-15, 11:11
Thanks Petra, just rung crisis team, I don't know how I am going to get through today !
My main problem is, my brother's wife is dying with a brain tumour, he is my only sibling and I love him very much, he keeps telling me he can't live without her and talks about suicide, I am so scared he will do it.
She is getting very close to the end now, at 57. He lives a long way from me and I can't help him!
I go to sleep with it on my mind, wake up with it on my mind, can barely function for thinking about it.
Everybody say's don't think about it, put it to the back of your mind, how ??
Also I lost a very dear friend last December, & I only have 2 other close friends , but one is in Devon, she rings most days , the other one is closer, she also rings and visits when she can, but everybody has busy lives & children, I wish I had. I have no children, am on my own all day until my husband gets home, he is tired & doesn't need my hysterics.
I never felt scared of living before all of this, know all I think of is what if's
I go to bed praying God will take me during the night, just to be out of this hell
Linda

ILoveRainbows
17-06-15, 13:50
Hi Linda,

My name is Jane i am 45yrs, I understand just how you are feeling with your anxiety.

I have it too, it is also much more worse when there are problems to deal with.

I am sorry to hear about your family situation, but you are a support to your brother and his wife and you should be really proud of yourself.

At my worst, i found just doing one small thing for myself per day was a good starting point, but it must just for you.

I have had CBT, and am now having counselling for my childhood issues.
CBT might be good for you, .

bye, Jane.:bighug1:

lindy lou 2
18-06-15, 11:09
Hi Jayne, I have tried cbt, it did not work for me , unfortunately.

There are so many of us about with this illness, yet we all feel alone.
I do hope cbt works for you, I am forever being told it is more than just medicaction, yet they have got me on loads, which are not working either, so I am tapering off 3 at the moment !
What I could really do with, is someone to do things with like swimming, yoga or something.
Someone on here said there is a place to find people in your area on here, pen pals ? But I don't know where to find it, do you know ?

Best wishes with the cbt again
Linda.

Davit
18-06-15, 17:53
I'm going to post a new thread on the panic forum called riders, anyone doing CBT should read it.

pulisa
18-06-15, 18:04
Maybe not "should" but they have the "opportunity" to read it?

Wishing you well, lindy lou. Dealing with tragic and very sad situations can trigger all sorts of distressing symptoms in ourselves. It's not surprising that you feel in so much turmoil.

Davit
19-06-15, 01:46
Pulisa as usual you are right. I used the wrong word and as the author of "words" I should know better. On the other hand why do people post if they don't want to be read. I want people to read it so I was open about it, choice is still theirs. Now would you let go of my tail, my feet are not touching the floor. :-)

lindy lou 2
20-06-15, 13:42
Hi Davit, I have tried CBT, I think I got the wrong therapist ! She was more interested in how good she looked, she even asked me to change my scoring one session, when I had a particularly bad week.
Have you tried it, and did it do you any good ?
Linda

Soulcatcher71
20-06-15, 21:21
lindy lou 2, CBT didnt really do much for me too (doesn't mean to say it doesnt work though ;-) ).
How long have you been suffering from these symptoms now?