PDA

View Full Version : New symptom (oh joy)

Emma_student
16-06-15, 21:03
Hi all,

So i was out today on the underground and i felt a panic attack coming on. Lately ive started having more and more panic attacks on public transport for no reason but today was a bad one. I got off at my stop and then i got this clenching sensation in my chest, close but not on my heart, rapid pulse, shortness of breath etc. My rational brain just switched off and immediately went to 'heart attack' (which it clearly wasnt because im fine now, just really shaken up and sad).

Now i have a really bad cough that makes me feel sick, burping, feels like there are bubbles in my throat etc.... Never had this happen to me before but it sounds like typical anxiety apart from the chest tightness. Anyone had this experience? Im going to get it checked tomorrow but feel a bit alone at the moment.

Sorry to trigger anyone but i need some reassurance :(

---------- Post added at 20:03 ---------- Previous post was at 19:43 ----------

Background: 21 years old, no family history of heart problems, asthmatic but ex smoker (of about 2 weeks, never going back to them again), pretty sedentary.

Emilym80
17-06-15, 10:48
Sounds like indigestion/acid reflux which can cause shortness of breath and palpitations (believe it or not).

Let us know how you get on at the doctors.