PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone!

BeHappyStef
16-06-15, 21:11
Hello,

I've suffered from anxiety since I can remember. Starting at a young age. It got way worse after I gave birth to a wonderful little girl almost 5 years ago. I was able to control it, until my brother got diagnosed with Lymphoma 4 1/2 years ago. Then started my health anxiety ans panic attacks... He got treated and is now in remission. 2 years ago, my dad was hospitalized, he's now better. 2 1/2 years ago, my mom (my best friend) was diagnosed with lung cancer... she died in January 2014, 4 days shy of her 71st birthday. And then... all hell broke loose. I'm convinced I'm next. I see a therapist, I'm able to control my thoughts most of the time. But there's moments when I can't... and it's debilitating. My husband doesn't get it, he tries though. I've come here often in the past 5 years. I'm finally introducing myself :) You've helped a lot... just by knowing I'm not alone.

Stef

P.S Sorry if the english isn't great, my maternal language is french :)

venusbluejeans
16-06-15, 21:17
Hiya BeHappyStef and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

sial72
16-06-15, 22:37
Hi Stef
I am so sorry to hear everything you have been through.
It is completely normal that you have anxiety, who wouldn't?
Have you been able to grieve? if for whatever reason you haven't that could cause the anxiety.
My lovely little girl has just turned six, aren't they the best thing ever??
Bisous :hugs:

Davit
16-06-15, 23:19
Another Canadian, welcome. We are rare here. My mother was french but my father wouldn't let us learn it.

BeHappyStef
16-06-15, 23:25
Thank you Venusbluejeans! :)

Thank you sial72 :hugs: the thing is I'm not sure I've been able to grieve, and you are right, that doesn't help...

They sure are the best thing ever! Love her so much! :)

---------- Post added at 18:25 ---------- Previous post was at 18:24 ----------

Hello Davit! :)

French is a beautiful but complicated language! :)