PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I've had panic disorder for 4 yrs.........

ILoveRainbows
16-06-15, 21:48
Hi,

My name is Jane, I have had panic disorder for 4 yrs.
I am a stay at home mum aged 45.

At first I did not have a clue what was wrong with me.

After many doctors visits & tests, I got the news that i was suffering from anxiety. This has now turned to panic disorder.

I feel the reason it all started was the not knowing.... many times i went to the doctor before they took me seriously. I was constantly worrying at home alone about all the symptoms of panic. For me the palpitations are the worst.

I am really happy to have found this site and am hoping to make friends, I have many hobbies including gardening, reading, baking and sewing with my daughters, which i find is the best distraction ! together we love sewing little felt animals or characters.

Last year i had a course of CBT which worked very well, and still is. However due to my hubby starting a new job last month, i am going though a bumpy patch and my daily anxiety has come back like a bull in a china shop! after having quite a few good months, it is harder to accept it when it returns. But i must, otherwise i feel sorry for myself, which gets me no where.

So due to this, i have been staying at home during the day, as my confidence is to low for me to go out alone.

Today has been a better day, and i feel my happiness is returning, and i managed to do my fitness dvd for 15 minutes before thinking i could not breathe ! lol

Well thats all for now, i hope i have done this thread okay, as i never really use computers!

Thanks for reading!:D

venusbluejeans
16-06-15, 21:54
Hiya ILoveRainbows and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Davit
16-06-15, 22:09
Welcome. CBT got rid of my anxiety and panic attacks five years ago and it has not come back. I hope you find the information you need here.